Need recommendation

Fallout Two will give you years of value as well. I've probably played that game at least ten times over the years, and it easily stands the test of time. The first game is good also, as is Fallout Tactics.

Makes me want to play it again. Make sure you play with all the patches including the unofficial community patch or the fallout 2 restoration project (which includes the unofficial community patch be default).

http://killap.net/

D:OS - played it with hubby in co-op mode but we both didn't like inventory system and humour.
What!? "My name is Ismha Shell" right near the start of the game? Having a fight with Pontius Pirate? I don't even remember the inventory system but I do remember the first big quest (the murder mystery) was pretty rough to get through. I appreciate having non-violent quests in the game but a big one right at the start? After that's done, though, it's all good.

It's hard to find RPGs that can be played in short sessions in my opinion. Whenever I need such a game, I tend to replay a game, because then I know I won't lose track of anything. A specific example is Might & Magic 8. It's inferior to M&M6 and 7, but it's much shorter and easier, which makes it a good game for shorter sessions and such.

I can also play PS: T and IWD in such a manner, as they're mostly linear and easy to keep track of.

So @purpleblob;; do you have an update on which game you chose and if it was marginally enjoyable ?

I actually haven't had chance to check many of them out yet :(

Re-tried games I already own - I found Sword Coast Legend ok (very fast paced ARPG). D:OS isn't something I can play in short burst (combat can take a lot of time), Shadowrun is better in that regard.

Plan to try out some of other recommendations soon (Tower of Time, Avadon series and Trails in the sky.

It's hard to find RPGs that can be played in short sessions in my opinion.

Agree, I guess what I'm looking for is something like Diablo but different. But with engaging story. I'm probably looking for something that doesn't exist lol.

Agree, I guess what I'm looking for is something like Diablo but different. But with engaging story. I'm probably looking for something that doesn't exist lol.
@purpleblob More games like Diablo you can play in short bursts.

1. Path of Exile
  2. Grim Dawn
  3. Victor Vran
  4. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Final Cut
  5. Vikings - Wolves of Midgard
  6. Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
  7. Torchlight 2
  8. Sacred
  9. Sacred 2
  10. Dungeon Siege 1
  11. Dungeon Siege 2
  12. Dungeon Siege 3
Yep I know mentioned a few of them on page one.:biggrin:

Last edited:
@purpleblob More games like Diabo you can play in short bursts.

1. Path of Exile
  2. Grim Dawn
  3. Victor Vran
  7. Torchlight 2
  8. Sacred
  9. Sacred 2
  10. Dungeon Siege 1
  11. Dungeon Siege 2
  12. Dungeon Siege 3

Dungeon Siege 3 has a good story, but you don't like Obsidian, so I might pass on that one. I think Titan Quest and Grim Dawn are great. Grim Dawn has some nice story snippets that you find in journals and what not, but to say its story oriented would be pushing it. Titan Quest is a much brighter game with an unusual ancient setting, Grim dawn is a much darker with sort of a medieval apocalyptic scenario like Diablo.

I found Sacred 2 a lot of fun, if you like mashing large groups of enemies and looting everything. It has over 600 quests so there's always something to do, but they're pretty basic types. Tons of exploration though on a really huge map.

Sword Coast Legends is a bit fast but the characters start to grow on you. I really want to go back and finish it after playing 30 or so hours of it recently. It has that D&D spirit and it's not the dark and depressing type, even if it is dark at times.

Hope you find something enjoyable. :)

Yeah, Sacred 2 is quite good. And, as forgottenlor mentioned, Titan Quest and Dungeon Siege 3 are also good hack'n slash games.

On that list I would consider only the following:
Grim Dawn
Titan Quest
Victor Vran (which is really good; and not too long)
and
Dungeon Siege 3.

Dungeon Siege is one of the few games that no one liked (horrible reviews) that I thought was really good. I think it actually had a story unlike the two previous ones.

@purpleblob More games like Diabo you can play in short bursts.

1. Path of Exile
  2. Grim Dawn
  3. Victor Vran
  7. Torchlight 2
  8. Sacred
  9. Sacred 2
  10. Dungeon Siege 1
  11. Dungeon Siege 2
  12. Dungeon Siege 3

I tried both PoE and Grim Dawn in the past but neither appealed to me much. I got annoyed with "too much clutter" of PoE and grimness of Grim Dawn.

Titan Quest sounds interesting, I will try that out :D

I'm hoping I will run into fun surprise like Expeditions: Viking (honestly didn't think I will enjoy that but ended up finishing it twice).

On that list I would consider only the following:
Grim Dawn
Titan Quest
Victor Vran (which is really good; and not too long)
and
Dungeon Siege 3.

Dungeon Siege is one of the few games that no one liked (horrible reviews) that I thought was really good. I think it actually had a story unlike the two previous ones.
Yep loved Dungeon Siege 3 it was Obsidian's last RPG made with their own custom built Onyx engine. Dungeon Siege 2 and it's expansion broken world isn't bad either.

Hmm, do you guys think I will enjoy Expeditions: Conquistador? I know its a bit different to Viking but I'm curious.

1. Path of Exile - 93%
  2. Grim Dawn - 91%
  3. Victor Vran - 82%
  4. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Final Cut - N/A
  5. Vikings - Wolves of Midgard - N/A
  6. Titan Quest Anniversary Edition - 90%
  7. Torchlight 2 - 80%
  8. Sacred - 79%
  9. Sacred 2 - 65%
  10. Dungeon Siege 1 - 84%
  11. Dungeon Siege 2 - 89%
  12. Dungeon Siege 3 - 60%

I added my "in-the-mood" scores for these games from their time of release. I don't feel like playing Diablo clones right now so my not-in-the-mood scores would be more like 0% :p

Waiting for sale :p My hubby is playing it at the moment, but his reaction is quite lukewarm.

Lukewarm?! That's no good! I didn't burn out on it for weeks and played over 300 hours.

Maybe let him play Fallout76 (or Path of exile :p) for a few hours so he can appreciate how awesome it is to have unlimited stash space in MHW! :p

Back
Top Bottom