Firaxis - Hiring for XCOM 3

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Who's surprised not me. Can't wait to play it.

I wonder after playing Phoenix Point if I will even care when this game is released.

I'll play both X-Com 3 & Phoenix Point. Don't see the need to pick only one.

Me neither. If a "definitive" RPG doesn't exist, a "definitive" tactical game also doesn't.

I'm likely to grab this when it's released, even though I found the second game way too easy, I love the style and I'll be curious to see where the franchise is headed next. Day one!!!

I'll play both X-Com 3 & Phoenix Point. Don't see the need to pick only one.
It works differently for me. When I find a game I really like I can play it for months or even years. And if similar but worse games come out I usually just go back to playing that better game instead.

That's fine man that's your choice to do so. Others like me will do the opposite and play both. As for me I personally think both games look good and will play both.

As X-Com 3 has my support due to me enjoying the past two Firaxis versions, and Phoenix Point because it's a Julian Gollop game, and he earned my trust years ago.

For me Xcom 3 will need to bring something new that both Xcom 2 and PP will not offer.

This is same reason why I don't plan to play that Mutant Chronicles game, it just looks and plays like a reskinned Xcom 2 with more limits.

I just hope they make it more rpg ish. I thought hte 2nd one was a big improvement over the first (esp the expansion); and the free dlc they gave was even better. If that is the direction for xcom 3 - then yipeeeee !!!!!

Firaxis let us down. Anybody noticed famous XCOM 1 player on YT BeagleRush started playing XCOM 1 again after a couple videos of XCOM2?

I know. :D

I've been trying to get to it for a long time, but there are too many games and too little time.

iu

o_O

Here's hoping they hire an individual who understands the appeal of a non-crappy strategic layer.

Back
Top Bottom