Frayed Knights - RPGCodex Extravagant Preview

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
Ventilator of Doom from RPGCodex has posted a myriad of information about Frayed Knights. He's written a quick overview of the game, a mini-let's play and a small interview with Jay Barnson.
VOD's preview is more like a first impression of the game due to only having 3 hours under his belt with the game. He still covers a good portion of what is in the game.
His mini-let's play shows off the combat portion to the game. The battle shown is with some goblin shamans from an early dungeon in the game. By this time you haven't had much time to customize your characters. In the middle to later portions of the game you'll have many more combat options available, but it is still a very good look at how the game works.
Here is a snippet from the interview portion of the preview. Those of you who have been waiting with baited breath for news about when it will be released will be very interested in it:
VoD: The game is obviously nearing its release, what are the current plans for the final release date? Will there be a demo?
JB: If we're lucky, we release Wednesday. There will be a demo. Those who remember the old "pilot episode" will find it familiar. Those who remember the pilot extremely well will find a lot that is unfamiliar.
More information.

He means this Wednesday? If then, superb!!!

woohoo. Still i am gonna wait playing till there are some patches out.

It is EXTREMELY doubtful the game will need any patches. I've nearly finished my third playthrough and Jay has found and fixed all the minor bugs in the game. Unless final tweaking/polishing breaks something (unlikely) there should be no need for patches.

This couldn't have been tested on every single hardware configuration out there so you can't say it is unlikely.

PS. I say it is hopeful that there won't be bugs and I already know there won't be any for me since I rarely find bugs in games I play. (the ones I do find usually come up for everyone)

Good to hear corwin. But games like this (TB rpg) useally get some ttweaks and stuff. Cant play for atleast 2 weeks anyways. neverthless, a must buy for me!

@Corwin I'm on my third playthrough as well and there are a few things that need to be tweaked/patched on my end. It's mostly minor stuff that should be easy to fix (I say that like I know what is easy to fix and what isn't :p).

I would be very surprised if Jay doesn't patch the game just a wee bit more post-release. I've come to know from his tweets that he loves adding stuff when he knows he should stop. Everything he's added I'm glad he did, but I don't think he's the kind of person to just release it and then not be tempted to just tweak his baby a little more.

To those of you who are wondering, I've never had a crash in this game. Not ever. It ran as smooth as silk from the first beta till now. There were other problems in the earlier betas, but those have been taken care of now. Now it's just a few little things that shouldn't be there in the actual release.

Honestly, what's the point of ever patching post release?

Er...

never mind :)

Sounds interesting. I really hate the idea of having to wait til there's only one enemy left and have all your guys rest to build up energy for the next fight. But everything else sounds pretty good.

You can also rest outside of combat, you gain your endurance back but it doesn't remove exhaustion and might trigger another encounter. So I played it safe.

So you finished several times already, skavenhorde? Did you defenestrate someone? How was it?

You can also rest outside of combat, you gain your endurance back but it doesn't remove exhaustion and might trigger another encounter. So I played it safe.

So you finished several times already, skavenhorde? Did you defenestrate someone? How was it?

Ah ok, that's not so bad then. I'd still prefer if your endurance just popped back up to full after each fight to avoid any incentive to prolong a battle just to rest (seems like resting in combat should never be safer then resting out of combat). But it's not a big deal.

Defenestrate was smashing. Nothing feels better than throwing a scumbag through a window.

My favorite was "Balls!", but it's been changed to "Boot to the Head". It's still satisfying to see a spell whip up a bunch of boots that proceed to whack the enemy in the head, but it doesn't have quite the same feeling to it.

Defenestrate is definitely one of my favourite spells, along with Shred the Dead. After 3 playthroughs, there are still a ton of spells I haven't tried.

It is expected to be released by mid-week. If there's a delay, we'll let you know.

Frayed Knights is a go for tomorrow. So unless there is an act of god or Chloe setting Jay's computer on fire then it will be available.

I'm curious to see how much it will cost given that they are not selling it on Steam.

Jay has no choice about using Steam, they decide that, not him. He's said several times he would be happy to use Steam, but he has to wait for them to make an offer.

Are you sure? On September 14 they had said that they had not even discussed it with Steam.

It was in something he posted either here or on his site I can't remember which.

Back
Top Bottom