Games that made you cry

The game that made me cry was Oblivion once I realised that it was shite!

Don't think I ever cried cause of the game and I usually cry a lot watching a movie lol

I definitely got a little choked up at the end of Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons. I don't remember if actual tears fell but that one hit me right in the feels! :)

I definitely got a little choked up at the end of Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons. I don't remember if actual tears fell but that one hit me right in the feels! :)

I've got that in my Steam library - and really want to play it eventually. I actually bought it in the hopes that I could play it cooperatively with my brother. For some reason, I just assumed that would be possible - and the perfect experience.

Guess not....

Several in fact, but the ones I remember I played most recently: The Last of Us, The Walking Dead season 1 and Final Fantasy 9.

I've got that in my Steam library - and really want to play it eventually. I actually bought it in the hopes that I could play it cooperatively with my brother. For some reason, I just assumed that would be possible - and the perfect experience.

Guess not….

It's a great little game. Gorgeous environments, interesting puzzles, a touching story. Doesn't overstay it's welcome either as it's only 3-4 hours long. I'd definitely recommend giving it a try. I'm not sure it can be played co-op though. Think it was only designed for single player to control characters with 1 game pad. Guess you could both hold 1/2 of the game pad. Not 100% on that though as I don't remember the available settings options and didn't try to play it co-op.

Video games make me cringe and shiver and jump and scream - all in a good way, of course. If I loved a game, I'm sad when it ends, but the only one that made me cry was Viva Pinata (when one of my favorite animals fell ill, died and turned to sweets).

I'm a softy. I cried in Old Yeller, Beaches, Forrest Gump and probably a whole bunch more. I also cry in some books, but I can't remember crying in a game... I haven't played many of the games mentioned here though.

Another nice thread, dart!!!

I have never cried over games, but I share the feeling Drithius had after finishing PS:T.

There have also been moments in games when I've been so frustrated by choices I was "forced" to make (in order to continue the story or the "story"), that I lost interest.

pibbur

PS. I've never cried over movies either, but I found the end of Seven so sad and disturbing that I've not been able to watch it again. Which is also sad because I thought the movie was good. DS.

Keepsake. A good story about loss. Of loss of someone loved.

Games rarely go for that, really. Maybe Mass Effect 2? I had 3 coffins after that final mission.

How about a machinima? I need a glass of water after this one for City of Heroes: https://youtu.be/u9IFDGRp6tk

Keepsake. A good story about loss. Of loss of someone loved.

Oh I loved that game ... don't even know what happened to my disc - and can't find it anywhere for Digital Download :(

It had the same copy protection like Beyond Divinity, as far as I remember.
You could ask GOG to find and re-release it. ;)

Mordin Solus. I am the very model of a scientist Salarian...

Sounds like I need to play The Last of Us. I have Brothers, but I never got around to finishing it.

A game that made me cry? Not anything that I can think of off the top of my head. Certainly nothing recent.

What was that game I read about a few years back… I think it was kind of experimental, indie, and I think most of the gameplay is as a parent interacting with your kid who is dying of cancer. I read about it on Penny Arcade and I was really torn, both really wanting to play it, and wanting to stay as far away as possible.

Not sure I've actually cried, but I can think of a few occasions I've felt the emotion.

I'm with Maylander on Mass Effect 3.

That moment along with two others from the same game:

The end of the Rannoch mission, sitting with Tali and hearing the emotion in her voice and knowing what finally achieving peace meant

And the finale, when we're sitting and Anderson said, "You did good son… I'm proud of you." before dying

Those moments meant a lot to me largely because of the things we'd been through for three entire games.

I don't think we'll get another experience like that so I'm glad we got a grand trilogy once (subpar ending and annoying DLC system notwithstanding).

The other game that got me was another one already mentioned here - The Walking Dead

The end, when I'm giving my final advice to Clem and convincing her to leave me

Back
Top Bottom