Torment: Tides of Numenera - Gone Gold

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Torment: Tides of Numenera has gone gold meaning it is on track for its February 28th release. To celebrate the milestone InXile has released a new interactive quest video narrated by Colin McComb.

Interactions may not work properly on mobile devices - desktop computers recommended.

See the choices you will be faced with in Torment: Tides of Numenera. The new science-fantasy epic is coming to PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 on February 28th 2017.
More information.

Interactions may not work properly on mobile devices - desktop computers recommended.
I knew I mustn't lose faith in inXile!

If I could I would pre-order this game 1000x.... I am looking forward for my CE kickstarter box and some free time in March to play it.

Thx InXile, I will support you guys forever.

My most anticipated game since…forever I guess. And it's looking pretty damn awesome.

Last edited:
I actually forgot (I know...) this game was about to come out, so this is a wonderful surprise! It had been in development so long, that I had shut off my New Game guidance systems. They have been powered back on and all systems go!

Compared to absolutely desecrated unplayable trainwreck Wasteland 2, this gem is something else entirely. Beautiful UI and professional execution as if from a different team. THANK GOD and who ever selected the Torment team!!

Nice idea from Inxile.

BTW How did you solve the quest, guys (and ladies)? I tricked Beleazar and helped the creature to escape. It could lead to interesting consequence to meet him later.

Nice idea from Inxile.

BTW How did you solve the quest, guys (and ladies)? I tricked Beleazar and helped the creature to escape. It could lead to interesting consequence to meet him later.

Yeah, I lied to Beleazar, came back at night and talked to the creature, so the creature escaped. Then I admitted what I'd done to Beleazar. I got closer to the Indigo tide.

Only 150 Steam reviews in 1 year of early access. That's a sign that it's not selling well and likely overpriced compared to similar games. You can find mediocre RPGs released on Steam in the last year with many times the number of reviews regardless of early access or release status.

I hope they do right this time, since Wasteland 2 is a rather mediocre and disappointing game.

Only 150 Steam reviews in 1 year of early access. That's a sign that it's not selling well and likely overpriced compared to similar games. You can find mediocre RPGs released on Steam in the last year with many times the number of reviews regardless of early access or release status.

While I would generally share your skepticism, I do have a strong feeling this is not going to be a train-wreck like the games you are referencing. The team is a high quality experienced team and they seemed to take their time.

I'd bet that its probably that getting beta access was relatively expensive (I havent checked steam cost). If you didn't buy the Beta addon ($20) during kickstarter the minimum bar was $75 to get beta access so that probably cut out a lot of backers. Also dont recall if you could get gog keys vs steam keys so many may have chosen gog keys for the DRM free option and therefore didn't bother with steam reviews.

I kickstartered it so getting it one way or the other but I have a hard time believing this will disappoint. Now back to closing my eyes and covering my ears to avoid getting spoiled before its released.

Finally preordered the boxed version today.

I really hope the disc comes DRM-free as it was stated before. If I am forced to install GoG-Galaxy or (god forbid) STEAM upfront the box will be RMAed unopened.

I really love the system requirements: The games not only runs with 4GB of RAM, but also supports WinXP. That is one fine piece of coding and shows inXile are still improving.

@all Wasteland 2 bashers: I really liked the game (not the SE, though) and I ask you: What more did you expect?

Could not STAND the original Planescape: Torment, and so this one holds absolutely no interest. Its a pity Monte Cook did not spend his time building a world and system more worth his time than this. <thumbs down>

Haven't yet played the original Torment game (blasphemy, I know!), but I can't really say this new Torment game is high on my list of RPGs I want to play. Then again I'm not all that interested in Tyranny, either. Recently it seems I've been really into gameplay RPGs and the story ones don't excite me as much. But I'm sure eventually I'll check this out and see what's up with it. The setting looks neat, anyway.

Compared to absolutely desecrated unplayable trainwreck Wasteland 2, this gem is something else entirely. Beautiful UI and professional execution as if from a different team. THANK GOD and who ever selected the Torment team!!
You're speaking from experience I assume? I also found WL2 to be one of the most hyped and overrated games I've ever played.

I contributed to T:ToN mostly out of curiosity, but I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy it as PS:T just didn't hold my interest. As for WL2, I enjoyed the parts I played although I still haven't finished the LA chapter yet. It's a decent enough game and you won't see me panning it.

Finally preordered the boxed version today.

I really hope the disc comes DRM-free as it was stated before. If I am forced to install GoG-Galaxy or (god forbid) STEAM upfront the box will be RMAed unopened.

I really love the system requirements: The games not only runs with 4GB of RAM, but also supports WinXP. That is one fine piece of coding and shows inXile are still improving.

Yep, those are some nice system requirements. It does seem a little lazy though, I heard it will support resolutions higher than 800x600 and more than 256 colors which is kind of a bummer. Also no word on win 3.1/dos 6.22 support or the ability to spend hours configuring hma, dma's and irq's. I suppose I can forgive all that though if they mail me any patches on 1002 5.25 floppy disks. now if you'll excuse me I need to dial in and check my favorite BBS.:biggrin:

I need to dial in and check my favorite BBS.:biggrin:

Rusty n Edie's? :biggrin:

If a digital game is gold, why not just release it? Seems stupid to announce gold, "which really means that the game is complete and ready to be recorded on physical media", for a digital game. It's just a meaningless click-bait announcement.

Back
Top Bottom