Pillars of Eternity II - New DLC Released & Patch 3.0

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Seeker, Slayer, Survivor DLC for Pillars of Eternity II has been released by Obsidian. Additionally patch 3.0 has arrived.

Greetings, Watchers,

Our newest DLC, Seeker, Slayer, Survivor, and Patch 3.0 are available today! In Seeker, Slayer, Survivor, Watchers will not only be able to tackle combat that challenges that test their penchant for destruction, puzzle-solving skills, and resource-management in the face of waves of foes, but also track down the mysterious malady that is plaguing the island of Kazuwari - and discover the island's ruthless purpose.

Seeker, Slayer, Survivor Launch

Prove your worth in the crucible of Kazuwari, where the arena's masters and their worshipers exalt the victorious and delight in the blood forfeited by the defeated. Something corrupts the spirits that dwell in the very stones of the crucible, and only you can uncover its secrets.

In this new DLC for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire:
  • Seek glory, treasure, and truth in an arena designed to test the mettle of you and your party.
  • Slay your way through the most challenging foes you have ever faced, both past and present.
  • Survive the trials and whims of the spirits and their worshipers to prove you stand above even the greatest the Deadfire has to offer.
Seeker, Slayer, Survivor is now available on Steam, GOG, and Origin, with Mac versions coming soon.

Patch 3.0

New Berath's Blessings! New Magran's Fire challenge modes! A new mega-boss!

There's a lot of new in Patch 3.0, and we can't wait for the community to experience all we have to offer. Check out some of the highlights below:

• New Magran's Fires Challenges
  • Eothas' Challenge - Players must complete the game in a certain amount of time
  • Galawain's Challenge - Beasts have random buffs set throughout the game.
  • New Berath's Blessings
  • Loaded Pockets - NPC pockets are filled with more and rarer items for those Watchers who have sticky fingers.
  • Legendary Crew - Three veteran sailors from the Kraken's Eye tavern are willing to cut you a great deal. Hire these experienced sailors for cheap!
  • Discount Craftsman - Crafting and enchanting costs are reduced!
  • Mythical Discovery - The Watcher's starting armoire has a Mythical Adra Stone that can upgrade any one legendary quality item to Mythic!
  • Spider Queen Megaboss - Belranga has arrived and if the feedback by our beta testers is any proof, she's as terrifying as we were hoping she would be. Hunt her down now to find some...mouth-watering rewards
And these are but a few of the giant patch that is 3.0! Check out our full 3.0 Patch notes, or go see the changes live in-game now!

[...]
Thanks Silver Coin!

More information.

I am wondering how much more i need to wait for an all in experience?

Any one a clue how many DLCs will follow?

Sometime in 2019 according to the games roadmap.

Attachments

• deadfire-update-53-content-timeline--thumb.jpg
    deadfire-update-53-content-timeline--thumb.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 113
I find it extraordinary that games now have "patch roadmaps".

I know as I hail from a lost time when games got maybe three patches, and a huge expansion a year after it's release. Strange times we live in today my friend.:lol:

Game developers really need to invest in technology to produce content more efficiently. Either that or reduce the scope of their projects. You can't constantly work your developers harder to meet deadlines which are unrealistic anyways.

The game keeps on getting better and better. GOTY for sure.

Sometime in 2019 according to the games roadmap.

Where in the roadmap does it say sometime in 2019? The forgotten sanctum clearly has a line pointing to December 2019. Or are you referring to the "more to come..." bit at the bottom?

I played quite a bit of this DLC yesterday and found it brilliant. I like it much better than Beast of Winter, which already set a high bar for me. I'm hoping I can write some kind of detailed review for it, even if it's just an informal one in the subforums.

Where in the roadmap does it say sometime in 2019? The forgotten sanctum clearly has a line pointing to December 2019.
Are we looking at the same map as I see 2019 at the end of the map? Yes if all you want is The forgotten sanctum then it's December, but it shows more updates after that.

Yes I could be WRONG reading the map. :thinking:

Now excuse me while I go back to playing KingMaker.

All of the DLC and console versions are scheduled for before Christmas.

What I've found is that just means it's better to wait for GOTY version. You get the additional paid content for generally less AND game is content-complete at that point.

If you're on the fence about a product, sure.

But if you, overall, like the studio and don't want them to shutter their doors and wonder why it happened, buy the product as close to release as possible.

All of the DLC and console versions are scheduled for before Christmas.
Explain the more to come in 2019 then?o_O

I'm sure you have an answer already.
If you're on the fence about a product, sure.

But if you, overall, like the studio and don't want them to shutter their doors and wonder why it happened, buy the product as close to release as possible.
Already had this debate from silver coin on another thread.

It went nowhere with supporters on both sides.

I'll share a deal with you guys. The Obsidian edition (full game with season pass) is only $27 dollars on G2A at the moment. Better snag it quickly!

Explain the more to come in 2019 then?o_O

I'm sure you have an answer already.

It just means more patches. They've stated they don't have any current plans for paid DLC after Forgotten Sanctum, although they would be open to it if they're successful.

What I've found is that just means it's better to wait for GOTY version. You get the additional paid content for generally less AND game is content-complete at that point.

Absolutely, and that's what I usually do these days (though I do buy some games at release, to support the studios.)

I just find the idea of a patch roadmap rather absurd. To me, by definition, a patch is what you apply to repair something when you discover a problem along the way. Having a roadmap of numbered patches stretching months in to the future just says to me that the game is essentially still being developed. It seems to me that with a lot of these games, the PC release is more like a beta phase, and the console release is the point at which the game is actually considered complete.

Ripper said:
I just find the idea of a patch roadmap rather absurd. To me, by definition, a patch is what you apply to repair something when you discover a problem along the way.

Everything they've added into the game has been in response to suggestions or criticisms after release. The mega-bosses and god challenges are in direct response to the complaints about difficulty being too easy.

If this were a case of the developers releasing a clearly unfinished game and needing to patch it into a good game, then you might have a point, but that's not the case. PoE2 was already a great and expansive game at release, and this is simply improving on it.

Regarding buying early vs waiting a year to buy a goty:
Already had this debate from silver coin on another thread.

It went nowhere with supporters on both sides.

I presume it was just a debate between entitled people and not so entitled people; that's an inherent problem in a market with so many distractions all vying for people's attention: consumers end up expecting more for less. And so we get games with 30 DLC wardrobe packs at little risk to studios instead of high risk expansion packs that need to sell well to make financial sense.

Edit: Never mind. I think I misread your post.

Sorry, in a sensitive mood after fiasco at work…

Either way, still, business wants customers to pay more for less. And vice versa. Never ending debate that.

As you say, sellers want more out of buyers, and buyers want more out of sellers - it could be framed as a feeling of "entitlement" on either side, but i don't think that's a very useful way to look at it. That's just reality.

To me, it goes more to the conversation about whether continuing significant development of the game after release discourages people from buying at release, which I think it does. As I say, I often buy games at release because I understand the need to support them, but then I won't play them for months. So, it's not a financial issue, it's more about not liking the idea of playing a game in a state of flux. Some people are fine with that, which is great, but, I suspect it does put off a chunk of your market.

To me, if patches were actual patches, and DLC were significant post-game expansions, I'd be much more inclined to play closer to release.

Back
Top Bottom