BattleTech - Season Pass Complete

Sniif…I smell a Paradox fanboy everybody.:biggrin:

Joking aside my problem lies with how many updates get released. It breaks every mod 100% of the time. Don't know how my reply was taken negatively.

Anyway kaiserreich is fixed but it took almost a month to fix the launcher issue.
I own this game and one of the DLCs but I haven't played it yet. Is it pretty good then?
Depends on how you want to play the game.

As the main campaign isn't that great and it was never expanded with more story DLC. On the other-hand you can play a sandbox mode with the flashpoint missions.

As for customization I found to be a chore with no auto option to speed it up in-game. Personally cant wait for the more action orientated version that will release this month.

I own this game and one of the DLCs but I haven't played it yet. Is it pretty good then? I don't know much about it, other than it involves mechs. Is the campaign pretty open and interesting to play through? How's the customization and loot systems? Any stat systems you need to pay attention to? Thanks in advance.

If you already own the game, I recommend to play the vanilla campaign. If you even remotely like what you see, take a look at
https://roguetech.gamepedia.com/Roguetech_Wiki
Imo it is better in every aspect (deeper mechanics, more mechs, more equips, more flashpoints, etc.).
I played vanilla for about 100 h and had fun. Although, after that I would have been about done with the game. I then discovered RogueTech and have played it for 600 h now and there is no end in sight. Just waiting for the updated mod to dive in full again.

Sniif…I smell a Paradox fanboy everybody.:biggrin:

Joking aside my problem lies with how many updates get released. It breaks every mod 100% of the time. Don't know how my reply was taken negatively.

Anyway kaiserreich is fixed but it took almost a month to fix the launcher issue.
Depends on how you want to play the game.

I don't fanboy. I just don't like blatantly false statements.

Like the one about Kaiserreich. It worked weeks ago and it works now, but people can't follow basic instructions so they whine and complain instead, which if you look at the Steam comments for the mod, they are still doing to this day.

I don't fanboy. I just don't like blatantly false statements.

Like the one about Kaiserreich. It worked weeks ago and it works now, but people can't follow basic instructions so they whine and complain instead, which if you look at the Steam comments for the mod, they are still doing to this day.
Whatever my good man. I have nothing else to say to you good-day.
So i wonder what they will do next - battletech 2 or shadowrunner 33 ?
I vote Shadowrun III but it would need a new engine and not Unity.

Thank you @JFarrell71; and @Couchpotato; for the descriptions. It does sound interesting so I will have to be play it soon. Thanks again!

I think it's great. I liked Battletech to begin with so that obviously helps, but if you enjoy tactical RPGish games in general (XCom, Battle Brothers, etc, etc) you'll probably like this one.

There's a story campaign, and there's a sandbox mode. I like both. If you own the DLC, then the sandbox mode is a great deal more interesting as it will contain Flashpoints, which are specific contracts/stories. There's good variety in the mission types, regardless. A fairly large number of events (with 3-5 options of resolution each) also inject personality.

The "loot" lies in the different mechs and their variants, and the weapon systems and mods you can mix and match among them. The combinations are virtually endless, so yeah, there's a lot of fun to be found in the customization of your mechs and (to a lesser extent), their pilots.

The combat itself isn't overly complicated, but it is complex. Juggling things like heat vs damage, ranges, evasion, stability (mechs can be knocked over), biome effects, armor management (making sure your barely hanging on right arm isn't in the line of fire, for example, or jump jetting over an enemy so you can blow off their arm that has half their weapons mounted on it, for another)… and lots more. Plenty of room for decisions to matter, both in combat and in preparation for it.

Thanks! That sounds great and definitely something I'd be interested in. I'll have to play it soon.

If you already own the game, I recommend to play the vanilla campaign. If you even remotely like what you see, take a look at
https://roguetech.gamepedia.com/Roguetech_Wiki
Imo it is better in every aspect (deeper mechanics, more mechs, more equips, more flashpoints, etc.).
I played vanilla for about 100 h and had fun. Although, after that I would have been about done with the game. I then discovered RogueTech and have played it for 600 h now and there is no end in sight. Just waiting for the updated mod to dive in full again.

So RogueTech is like a mod overhaul? Interesting. I'll start with the campaign and go from there. Thank you for the tip. :party:

So RogueTech is like a mod overhaul? Interesting. I'll start with the campaign and go from there. Thank you for the tip. :party:
Yeah it's a full scale change to many of the games mechanisms whilst staying within the battle tech universe.

I haven't played it yet but apparently its really fun.

I was going to play it on the newest release but they haven't updated it yet to work on v1.8.

I think starting with the campaign is a good idea.

I suggest you do a few side missions after every main mission because of two reasons

A. The campaign is not very long and rushing it won't be a lot of fun
B. It's a good way to get to grips with all the games mechanisms and let's you get new mechs to play with and equip too for the main missions.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yeah it's a full scale change to many of the games mechanisms whilst staying within the battle tech universe.

I haven't played it yet but apparently its really fun.

I was going to play it on the newest release but they haven't updated it yet to work on v1.8.

I think starting with the campaign is a good idea.

I suggest you do a few side missions after every main mission because of two reasons

A. The campaign is not very long and rushing it won't be a lot of fun
B. It's a good way to get to grips with all the games mechanisms and let's you get new mechs to play with and equip too for the main missions.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thanks, buddy, I'll do just that. I always try to do some if not all of the side missions in RPGs anyway, so this should be right up my alley. Thanks again to everyone who responded with helpful tips! :party:

Back
Top Bottom