Fallout 76 - E3 Trailer

That trailer put a big big smile on my face for some reason. Some part of that has likely to do with awesome music choise. :)

I like the idea of having no NPC's. I'm not sure if it going to work, but the idea itself is interesting. The problem with any NPC for me is that I need to choose 1 answer from 4 possible answers that were programmed by the game designer. It is different when you have to communicate with real people. The possibilities are uncountable.

There's be quests and quests lines as far as I understand it.

This game is dead to me.

I wish I had Twitter/Facebook/Whateversocialspyware so I can pic that and slap on on Beth's official "channel".

I like the idea of having no NPC's. I'm not sure if it going to work, but the idea itself is interesting. The problem with any NPC for me is that I need to choose 1 answer from 4 possible answers that were programmed by the game designer. It is different when you have to communicate with real people. The possibilities are uncountable.
Yep, but the problem like with every MMO "RPG" is that real people generally won't stay in character but will go out of character in dialogs.
Also most people want to play some kind of hero. Noone wants to play farmers, workers, traders or inkeepers.
So while a game world consisiting only of PCs might be interesting, it won't be immersive.

I think I've realised a big part of the reason I'm disappointed.

One of the things I love most about Bethesda games is their immersion. I can really feel that I'm exploring the wilds or cities of Skyrim, or the Capital Wasteland, etc.

And there's nothing that takes you out of the game and reminds you that you're just some bloke in front of a computer like farticus997 sniping you before saying 'lol - noob'.

I can also have fun playing online shooters or sports games with friends, but I never lose myself or really get into those games.

I have by far my most fun gaming while exploring detailed worlds in single player.

I'm hopeful that this is something the Bethesda devs wanted to try to see how they'd go at doing it, and now that they've done it they realise they prefer making single-player games. They're close to the only non-indie dev that still makes games for the single-player lover amongst us.

I was secretly hoping for another new vegas or something. This...this feels the tombstone of the fallout franchise.

I cannot even imagine who would want this done to the beloved Fallout franchise, I simply don't understand the rational.
Welcome to the jaded gamer side as I've been called cause I hate online SP games, and change. I'll admit it's very lonely but I have many old & newer games to play.:)

49338-220431-8255jadedjpg610x0jpg-620x.jpg

As flawed and devoid of choice as it was, Fallout 3 was their only game to show a glimmer of hope that Bethesda had any intelligence when it came to the franchise. Fallout 4 skewered those hopes. Fallout '76 is just popcorn, comedy, and another sigh of resignation for me.

Dagnabbit, where are you Tim Cain & Leonard Boyarsky project!

Count this fanboy out too, if PVP is activated. I have never played a PVP game and won't start now.

If you can set up a private game to play with your buddies (ala 7 Days to Die) then this could be fun. Otherwise forget it.
Not at launch according to Tod. Mods will also not be implemented at launch either.
Dagnabbit, where are you Tim Cain & Leonard Boyarsky project!
Knowing Obsidian and Take-Two they will probably reveal it at Pax or another convention instead. It's a shame it wasn't shown at E3 2018 though,and put some games to shame.

Another thing to contemplate is maybe it's just not ready for showing yet?

Just nope. Not for me, either. I prefer SP games, or co-op with friends (this is my maximum tolerance for online gaming). I am not a big fan of online gaming, so no way i would buy this.

I am sure there will be enough people to play it, but that's a Fallout I'll not buy. Well, there's still hope for Elder Scrolls 6 and Fallout 5 (or Cyberpunk 2077, etc.).

Count this fanboy out too, if PVP is activated. I have never played a PVP game and won't start now.

You can avoid PvP as far as I understand it and concentrate yourself on PvE part of the game, although you still will have some PvP battles like meeting a gang of real players, but that should not happen too often and it will not make your life and in game experience broken as far as I understood it from interview.

Well, there are plenty of "traditional" RPGs coming out these days anyway. I can only hope that those people who don't like FO 76 stop hanging around in topics about FO 76. My hopes are very low though.

I believe I can simply avoid this entire trashing of the beloved Fallout universe. Just watch me, and as I replay the only Fallouts left, I'll be mourning the passing of yet another franchise. Fallouts one through three, and New Vegas will be my link to this glorious past.

I believe I can simply avoid this entire trashing of the beloved Fallout universe. Just watch me, and as I replay the only Fallouts left, I'll be mourning the passing of yet another franchise. Fallouts one through three, and New Vegas will be my link to this glorious past.

I'll leave out 3 and put Tactics in instead, but otherwise yeah. They'll have to do something drastic to make me buy a fallout have again. Like, isometric turn based drastic. Or letting Obsidian do another one...

TomRon. TomRon never changes. No love for level scaling, right? :p

Back
Top Bottom