RPGSite - Upcoming RPGs of 2014

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
If your interested in finding out about most of the RPGs coming out in 2014 visit RPGSite. They have a five page list sorted alphabetically, and list all platforms.

Whether you're into Western RPGs, Japanese RPGs, dungeon crawlers, hack-and-slash, beat 'em ups, tactical, strategy, or whatever else you can think of, this year will have a wide assortment of games to indulge yourself with in each of these categories.

We are planning a whole week of articles in order to evenly divide out this list of 100 - yes, 100 - RPGs.

I tried to find and post every single RPG that I could find that has either been confirmed for 2014, is seeking a full rleease in 2014 (in regards to games currently on services like Steam's Early Access or in an alpha or beta state), or slated to appear later this year.

The dates listed are their earliest confirmed dates, either being for Europe or North America. Note that we will be going through these titles in alphabetical order, and all release dates are obviously subject to change.
More information.

My poor poor wallet!

The ones that interest me most are: Eschalon - Book 3, Legend of Grimrock 2, Shroud Of the Avatar, Sui Generis, Wasteland 2 & maybe Bound by Flame. Have to wait & see on that one. The Sacred series is one of my favorites, but 3 looks absolutely dreadful.

Last edited:
Nice list and quite complete. A lot to look forward to. Unfortunately I didn't find anything which wasn't on my radar yet.

All the lists referenced above missed Data Hacker: Corruption; a KS funded indie RPG that was just released last week.

The ones that interest me most are: Eschalon - Book 3, Legend of Grimrock 2, Shroud Of the Avatar, Sui Generis, Wasteland 2 & maybe Bound by Flame. Have to wait & see on that one. The Sacred series is one of my favorites, but 3 looks absolutely dreadful.

I think Sui Generis was cancelled. Or at least put on hold.

That is news to me. In the last KS Update from 6th of December they were talking about restructuring:
First they will release a prelude version, and then they will work on the full version.

The alpha of the prelude is currently scheduled for february.

Our current goal is to complete a playable version of this prelude and release it to our alpha level backers. We've come up with a simple design that should give it great replayability and make it a good platform to experience and test many aspects of the game. Keeping it separated from the bulk of the main game content should also provide an unspoiled and more exciting experience when it is released.
and we plan to release an alpha version of the prelude in February. As we continue work on the main game we will also be adding completed features to the prelude. More complete versions of the prelude will be released to beta and then all backers more or less in line with our original release date plan.

Back
Top Bottom