What games are you playing now?

Oddly, I'm still interested.
MC sucks. Main story quests, so far, can't be more mediocre. Boooooooooooring.
Coach, trains and camp upgrade save the day of wasting too many hours on mundane horseriding, too expensive earlygame though.
Challenges in general = activate your inner masochism. Speaking of expensive "fasttravel" earlygame, note that one of challenges is ride the horse from Valentine to Rhod… um… not remembering… in 5 minutes. Easy peasy is you got the white arabian and bonded with it to lv3 (4 is max), at least I had it on that point.

Sidequests? Gems! Most of them at least (not counting finding all cards/bones/fish).
Why did Rockstar hid them from plain sight I have no idea.
Yes. I'm basically hungry for so far better than the rest of the game sidequests and that's driving my interest in this overhyped and overrated bait for mmo called RDR online.

So, you're calming down a little and starting to appreciate what the game has to offer? :)

That's good.

It's always nice when games surprise us.

What about Mechwarrior 5? Release is on December 10th. Early enough for your vacation? :)

Hmm, could be :)

Depends on how much strategy/RPG stuff is in there. Also, how the campaign works? :)

I prefer a dynamic campaign - and a ton of RPG stats and things to mess around with for the Mech and the character.

If it's like, say, Mechwarrior 2 - where it's essentially a very pretty action combat game, that's not really my style.

But I appreciate the suggestion regardles :)

I'm pretty sure the mechs will be heavily configurable, for your complete lance. But I doubt they will have a very detailed character configuration. From what I read so far, you can recruit the other members of your lance. Whether they have stats, and whether those stats can be modified is not really clear. I'd hope for something similar to the customization in Harebrained's Battletech at best.

For the campaign, it seems they have a linear main story, maybe with some simple branching as in previous entries. But anything between the main story missions will be free-form, with side missions / contracts (under some time limit). You're playing a Merc afterall.

I'm pretty sure the mechs will be heavily configurable, for your complete lance. But I doubt they will have a very detailed character configuration. From what I read so far, you can recruit the other members of your lance. Whether they have stats, and whether those stats can be modified is not really clear. I'd hope for something similar to the customization in Harebrained's Battletech at best.

For the campaign, it seems they have a linear main story, maybe with some simple branching as in previous entries. But anything between the main story missions will be free-form, with side missions / contracts (under some time limit). You're playing a Merc afterall.

Hmm, sounds like it might be worth checking out, at least :)

So, you're calming down a little and starting to appreciate what the game has to offer? :)

That's good.

It's always nice when games surprise us.
I was calm from the beginning. Some people however can't stay calm after reading my impressions. Any game, not just this one.

I don't appreciate everything the game has to offer, most of it is plain rubbish I'd expect from cheap indies and not AAA title praised by critics. Just saying there is a certain thing in it that, unlike most of the game, is actually fun.

You do remember my opinion about Prey. Goo gun was the only fun. The game as a full package? Said skippit ages ago, saying it again.
But Prey is a game I finished. For RDR2, based on my early impression I suggested not buying and I'd feel bad suggesting spending money on it to anyone based on what I saw so far. Once I finish it, I might, or not, change the suggestion. I think I've already mentioned "early impression" somewhere.

I was calm from the beginning. Some people however can't stay calm after reading my impressions. Any game, not just this one.

I don't appreciate everything the game has to offer, most of it is plain rubbish I'd expect from cheap indies and not AAA title praised by critics. Just saying there is a certain thing in it that, unlike most of the game, is actually fun.

You do remember my opinion about Prey. Goo gun was the only fun. The game as a full package? Said skippit ages ago, saying it again.
But Prey is a game I finished. For RDR2, based on my early impression I suggested not buying and I'd feel bad suggesting spending money on it to anyone based on what I saw so far. Once I finish it, I might, or not, change the suggestion. I think I've already mentioned "early impression" somewhere.

The worst part is the slow-down Deadeye effect you mentioned, right? Even though the same "magical" ability exists in your GotY ;)

Yes, I'm well aware of how you "evaluate" games - and I find it amusing.

What I'm saying is that I'm happy you're able to enjoy the game, now that you've given it a real chance.

It doesn't sound like the gameplay is worth the money though, right?

I have to say I am amazed at how fast you guys can burn through and burn out on so many games.

To me, that's indicative of low quality, unsatisfying games.

I seem to remember Witcher 3 holding everyone's attention a lot longer.

That said, welcome back Dart! I have always appreciated your game impressions.

Always a question on whether you actually finish the games and if you complete them on which difficulty and "how complete".

Played 16 games this year, finished 13 of them, soon to be 14 with Queens Wish, and the only games I stopped playing are the Bards Tale Trilogy (the classic re-release where I thought after the first game that this was boring enough) and PoE2.

But back to topic on what I am playing: Still on Queens Wish. One thing which I found to be interesting is that Queens Wish is the first Spiderweb game where you can actually transfer your progress into the next game which is done via a code you get at the end (and I guess each letter represents a taken choice).
Queens Wish can actually be finished within a few hours if you really wanted to: You can just take your task, go to the new continent, rebuild your main fort and then sleep a lot. Rebuild the portal and hop back, leave everything unfinished. Not the greatest ending but yould make an interesting start for Queens Wish 2 ^^

It very much depends on what you're looking for.

While the tone and setting is obviously entirely different, RDR2 is - ultimately - nearly identical to GTA V in terms of gameplay.

Once you get past the revolvers and wild west vibe - even the writing and dialogue is pretty much the same kind of thing. You can expect your standard crazy characters - and super out-of-place female empowerment characters and so on, if you look at it from a historical realism perspective - that is.

So, if you liked GTA - you'll like this, unless you happen to hate westerns.

I have to say I am amazed at how fast you guys can burn through and burn out on so many games.

I wish I burned through them. I just burn out - and I surprise even myself at the pace I'm doing it.

To me, that's indicative of low quality, unsatisfying games.

Well, yes and no. For me, it's that I'm extremely picky - and I have a very hard time "going back" in terms of design evolution.

Even if a game is absolutely beautiful and has a great story - I can't abide subpar progression or gameplay.

The biggest downside to playing so many, many games - is that I'm so very, very aware of how each and every feature has been done in hundreds or even thousands of games.

That's a big problem when you don't like subpar implementations.

That said, welcome back Dart! I have always appreciated your game impressions.

Thank you :)

Same to you.

I’m finding playing with interesting and fun people makes up for the same old gameplay. Have a hard time getting excited about single player games unless they are truly innovative and engaging in the gameplay department. Got bored with Poe 2 and dragon’s dogma, and never finished them.

I’m finding playing with interesting and fun people makes up for the same old gameplay. Have a hard time getting excited about single player games unless they are truly innovative and engaging in the gameplay department. Got bored with Poe 2 and dragon’s dogma, and never finished them.

Oh, no doubt.

Even a mediocre game can be absolutely wonderful in cooperative mode.

There's a reason I'm such a strong advocate for that feature.

The worst part is the slow-down Deadeye effect you mentioned, right? Even though the same "magical" ability exists in your GotY ;)

Yes, I'm well aware of how you "evaluate" games - and I find it amusing.
The magical ability in a scifi game is not the same magical ability in Sergio Leone spaghetti. Or should I say, it's not equally acceptable.
It's like you said Happy Death Day sucks because it's not scary. And it wasn't supposed to be scary in the first place.
What I'm saying is that I'm happy you're able to enjoy the game, now that you've given it a real chance.
I'm not quite following you. I gave the game a chance since I got it (too long story so will skip). If I enjoy one thing (strawberries on the cake) that doesn't mean I'm blind to it's fails (the shit in the cake).
In other words, the game has fun parts, mostly boring world and highly irritating design fails.

Examples for each:
fun: Lenny (one of your gangmembers) sidequest in a saloon
boring: riding a blind horse all day long as a filler
irritating: a gangmember dies eventually (plot related) and if you didn't bugger him over and over previously you missed doing him a favor

Man, I'm playing RDR2 for like 3 days only. Still early. Based only on that early I said don't buy. Depending on what happens later (as you unlock more stuff by progression in the game, being it weapons, skills or buffs), it might change to don't buy even if your life depends on it, buy only on sale, mustbuy before you die or something else.
So, if you liked GTA - you'll like this, unless you happen to hate westerns.
This logic might be true, but is not complete. I didn't like GTA5 and will never understand the fuss about it as everything was so damned mediocre (except the horrible helicopter controls that are not mediocre but design crime). With RDR2 I have love-hate moments not based on pispoor port controls, something GTA5 couldn't make me feel.
Got bored with Poe 2 and dragon’s dogma, and never finished them.
Dragon Dogma? I wish I never spent money on that rubbish.
Even a mediocre game can be absolutely wonderful in cooperative mode.

There's a reason I'm such a strong advocate for that feature.
coop is the new craze and there are numerous coop games at the market that are in it's core lower than mediocre.
And I'm sick of every second game having coop today - every single one of those is boredom on steroids. When I need coop, do me in the bed and leave videogames to my selfish urges.

Last edited:
You definitely misunderstand co-op and relationships in general. Co-op isn't do me and I'll owe you one. It is do each other so both reach Nirvana, lol! So Joxer's favorite number is 68. Do me and I'll owe you one. :biggrin:

The magical ability in a scifi game is not the same magical ability in Sergio Leone spaghetti. Or should I say, it's not equally acceptable.
It's like you said Happy Death Day sucks because it's not scary. And it wasn't supposed to be scary in the first place.

Sure, I get it. When you give the game a chance and decide that you like it, then magic in a non-magic setting is ok.

When you don't, magic in a non-magic setting is not ok.

Sounds very much like the usual joxer logic I've come to know and enjoy.

Same goes for your way of giving games "a chance" - and your way of forgetting how games actually look before exaggerating their visuals ;)

Don't ever change. We need your take on what it's like to be human as much as the take of a relatively normal person!

joxer misunderstands something that's relatively straightforward? That's not possible!
Doesn't understand. Not misunderstand. Because you're talking to yourself.
I was talking about:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/red-dead-redemption-2/death-stranding-realism
How Red Dead Redemption 2 nailed ‘boring’ gameplay before Death Stranding
Meanwhile, you're still praising godrays seen in all games except in this one are shining on 20th century outdated hair.
Sure, I get it. When you give the game a chance and decide that you like it, then magic in a non-magic setting is ok.
You don't get it. I don't decide if I like something. I feel if I like it.
Do I like being bored? No. Did I decide not to like it? Absolutely not, it's a part of my nature.
What can change nature of a man is a question for another game.

Last edited:
You don't get it. I don't decide if I like something. I feel if I like it. There is no emotions dead part in it.

Precisely, you feel you like it - and then you like it. Before you actually think about it and play it properly, with an open mind.

Anyway, I think this is enough of that. We're wasting time.

No. I didn't decide just because of trolling (you?) to hate mmos and coops. I tried and played 3478563846587345683 of those before realization it's all the same scammy or boring bullshit.
Except LoL. It's not scammy. Eventually, after 89458936893 hours in it becomes boring, but well, at least isn't since it's first minute.

Instead of analyzing me and drawing some, IMO, wrong conclusions, perhaps you should analyze games you're playing (overhyped or overrated titles) and want to repeat their succes. I'm not a part of the mainstream "long live the mediocrity" audience.
It's just a friendly suggestion as obviously you've became a businessman or a therapist instead of a player searching for fun.

Right now, it's pineapple juice and protein bars :)

You're a lot more mainstream than most on the Watch, though.

But that's not a bad thing, we need a wider audience than the archaic throwback fans, which take up most of this place.

Also, one of the few advantages of having analyzed people for so many years, is that you don't actually have to bother to analyze individuals much at all.

We're much more alike than unlike, despite what appearances might suggest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom