RIP Terry Jones "He's not the messiah, He's a very naughty boy"

lackblogger

SasqWatch
A Monty Python has just died after a long period of being unwell, Mr. Terry Jones.

He's the one who always played the squawky women if the sketch needed a squawky woman. He was also the one who played the upper middle class confused/indignants.

Most famous for his Life of Brian quote in the title, his voice is more famous than his name.

While being the least famous of the pack, he was the probably the most important in some ways, what with his primary credits being that he was the Director for the big three Python movies, Holy Grail, Life of Brian, Meaning of Life as well as playing a whole raft of supporting characters in them.

He also wrote the screenplay for Labyrinth.

Cleese's response: “Two down, four to go,”
Palin's response: “It’s sort of like losing a limb,”

A huge loss for both the writing and comedy worlds. If I remember right, Jones was also instrumental in saving the original BBC tapes of Flying Circus when they were in danger of being re-used. I'll fondly remember Mr. Cresote for the rest of my days.

Compared to the eulogy of Graham Chapman, the other Pythons are being rather straight laced and respectful. Perhaps the context of his demise and the proximity of the Grimm Reaper. John Cleeses on Twitter,
"Just heard about Terry J. It feels strange that a man of so many talents and such endless enthusiasm, should have faded so gently away... Of his many achievements, for me the greatest gift he gave us all was his direction of 'Life of Brian'. Perfection. Two down, four to go".

Which is probably him playing his part.
A loss. Thank you Mr Jones for making our lives less bleak.

What's with the clip from Meaning of Life? It doesn't have Terry in it!

First thing that comes to mind is the spam skit!

Are we sure he's dead?
giphy.gif

It might just be a flesh wound…

EDIT: Damn the black knight was Cleese, wasn't it? My apologies and rest in peace, Mr. Jones. I'll just return to the Twit Olympics…
giphy.gif

Last edited:
In school, a bunch of us used to get together every Sunday like church, get as high as Snoop Dogg and watch Monty Python on PBS, which then led into Doctor Who.

Well, we might as well include the title clip!

And here's a classic scene where he's not even in drag!

Oh, what's this? This shouldn't be here!

May he rest in pieces.

Erm…

He directed it & it's about death at the end of the road… [and the salmon moose scene was too long]
Did he direct Meaning of Life!? I did not know that.

Had that been explained it still wouldn't be a good clip to display his talents. I always thought it was the worst of the Python films. By a lot.

I guess, if we're being honest, he probably was the worst of the Python team. It was hard to think of any skits where he wasn't just dressing up at a woman.

Well, here's another clip and a rare occasion where he wasn't being a tranny.

And I wonder if there's a connection between that and this? What might that connection be?

Back
Top Bottom