Matching funds?

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor
I had a though along these lines: suppose a software development company were to commit to matching funds for a large development Kickstarter? I.e. they would match every dollar contributed by fans, as long as the initial KS goal is reached. Would that make you more likely to support it?

in my case it wouldn't make much of a difference. I back projects that I like, although I do tend not to back projects with too low a budget (maybe about $50k min)

I think the company owner committing a serious amount of money would send out a strong signal and increase the sum collected though Kickstarter.

I wouldn't support them. Doing this gives the company a share in the game and its development direction, which takes us back to square one.

Äh, what? The company ALWAYS has a share in the game and decides about the development direction.

It's a great idea. It works really well in charity fundraising, so I imagine it would work pretty well for kickstarter.

Äh, what? The company ALWAYS has a share in the game and decides about the development direction.

My mistake, incorrectly read the initial post. My initial understanding was an Indie developer recieving matching funding from a well known software/game publisher for a successful Kickstarter.

My mistake, incorrectly read the initial post. My initial understanding was an Indie developer recieving matching funding from a well known software/game publisher for a successful Kickstarter.

I suppose we'll probably see a lot of that once the "kick it forward" pledge comes to fruition. It should be interesting to see how that shapes future projects.

Back
Top Bottom