The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

And this afternoon, I busted out some nineties music with Catherine Wheel, Afghan Whigs, and Jimmy's Chicken Shack!! The guys across the street working outside didn't know what to make of it all, lol.

And this afternoon, I busted out some nineties music with Catherine Wheel, Afghan Whigs, and Jimmy's Chicken Shack!! The guys across the street working outside didn't know what to make of it all, lol.
Which album from Catherine Wheel? Ferment, Chrome, Happy Days?

Indeed Hurls, I totally agree! If you ever have the chance to view or listen to any of Byrne's artistry, I encourage you to do so. That man is beyond talented, and the scary thing is how many different fields he's impressive in.

Indeed Hurls, I totally agree! If you ever have the chance to view or listen to any of Byrne's artistry, I encourage you to do so. That man is beyond talented, and the scary thing is how many different fields he's impressive in.
Agreed! I also enjoyed and was informed by his book on music.

Byrne later released "My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts" with Brian Eno.

Regiment:

The Carrier:

Morning Glory:

pibbuR who lives in a complete and unhaunted house.

I took a little more of the nineties out to the porch this afternoon with Alanis.....Jagged Little Pill and Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie. While I love her to tiny bits (and stalked her....I mean, attended plenty of live shows back in the day!), I just cannot get into her first two albums. Yet the two I've listed are amazingly good, stand up to this very day, and I'll be listening to them both for the rest of my days.

Of course, she also introduced me to Radiohead, at least seeing them live. For that alone I owe her an eternal debt of gratitude I doubt I'll ever be able to repay. She's racked up some serious good karma, heck, she literally played a deity! =p

There's a guy from Sweden who does great Johnny Cash covers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX5vX7PPGVk&list=RDhX5vX7PPGVk&start_radio=1

Don't know how to embed youtube links, sorry! Dude's name is Christian Larsson. He does some tracks from Red Dead Redemption too.

He's pretty good.

To embed YouTube links, click on the 'Go Advanced' option when you reply. You'll see the YouTube button in the upper-right of the box. Use it on the last part of the link after the '/'.

So if the link is "https://youtu.be/hX5vX7PPGVk", You're just taking the "hX5vX7PPGVk", highlighting it, and clicking the YouTube button.

Garbage: No Gods No Masters // Down with the patriarchy!! :devilish:
Been around for 25 years and still fresh without needing any "re-invention".

That's a great cut from Garbage, another of those ninety bands that just doesn't seem to have a bad song. I've been a Vig fan ever since his work with Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins, and the Garbage stint simply elevated that to new and greater heights.

Back
Top Bottom