ELEX 2 - Gameplay and first impressions

Is it just me or are all faces very weird?

I thought tired faces are trademarked by Bioware. :)

Big no for me about launching on Early Access. Just announce the release date already.

Not just you :) . The faces are the most obvious and most criticized issue in the fan forums.

Maybe AI is somewhat unfinished too. (but I saw different video)

It's funny to me that they could have such great lip-syncing but allow some of the characters to have butt-ugly faces. :)

I want to know who the five joinable factions are. There's been a lot of speculation about that.

Oof. In attempting to be more detailed in the character models and animations, they've made things so much worse. This is like Oblivion crossed with cheap animatronics.

Personally, I'm most interested in the independent path since that will be a first for a PB game. Whenever I get around to playing the game, I will most likely stick to staying factionless. I'm wondering which advantages/disadvantages this will have. The factions are usually linked to a playstyle (Berserkers = magic users) so it will be quite interesting to see which skills/spells you can learn as a factionless character. Will you be a jack of all trades, master of none? We'll see...

Have they confirmed that we'll be able to stay independent for the entire game? I must have missed that. I also wonder if staying independent counts as one of the five choices or if it creates a total of six.

... and then there is the obvious questions what became of the Outlaws and the Clerics? The Outlaws might still be there (Nasty is a confirmed returning character) but the Clerics are a huge unknown… what happened to them after they found out that Calaan is a lie? Are they -or remnants of them- the Morkons? Or will they return as a differently named faction?

I think PB said two of the three factions from Elex 1 would be joinable in Elex 2. So one of those factions should still be joinable since it's obvious the Berserkers are the other.

I eventually hope they remove factions as being a requirement to progress the main story line. They should be highly desirable though i.e. providing power and maybe direct assistance for the main story line. Having more factions sounds good, it could be interesting to perhaps have some that are non-exclusive (minor factions) in a future PB game. I'm thinking along the lines of - Join the beserkers and join the theives guild (Claws) or similar. Would be nice if factions like the claws had their own mid-tier armours etc.

… and then there is the obvious questions what became of the Outlaws and the Clerics? The Outlaws might still be there (Nasty is a confirmed returning character) but the Clerics are a huge unknown… what happened to them after they found out that Calaan is a lie? Are they -or remnants of them- the Morkons? Or will they return as a differently named faction?

Anyway, PB said in the Gronkh stream that the factions would be fully revealed in a few weeks. We'll find out before too long :) .

During the Fextralife stream I heard Herbert on the radio. You know, the Clerics propaganda guy from Elex 1. He said he's "broadcasting from orbit", so maybe they found a way to finish Calaan and went into space. Maybe even built a space station with their fairly advanced tech once they stopped fighting Albs.
Or it's just propaganda and they simply stopped existing as a faction.

I can see Risen 3 all there. Except Risen 3 had amazing almost naked women. In ELEX 2 I only saw ugly female models. Soo.. this game is worse!

At least that clarifies a lot about your standards of game quality.

Maybe I should have put this erotic RPG Kickstarter in the news after all.
You should Steam sells hundreds of adult games but the sites TOS prevents that. I'm just kidding but you'd be surprised how much money some of those developers make.:lol:

Anyway don't disregard Mercy's point it has some truth in it. PB used to have naked women and other stuff that's now deemed unacceptable by modern review sites.

Does anyone not remember the RPS articles criticizing the slave girls from Gothic?

You should Steam sells hundreds of adult games but the sites TOS prevents that. I'm just kidding but you'd be surprised how much money some of those developers make.:lol:

Anyway don't disregard Mercy's point it has some truth in it. PB used to have naked women and other stuff that's now deemed unacceptable by modern review sites.

Does anyone not remember the RPS articles criticizing the slave girls from Gothic?

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you - and hear the lamentation of their women!

Back
Top Bottom