WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
I just finished and now I don't know what to do with myself.

Steam says I did 230 hours but I re-started once, and also went back quite far again when Wolfgrimdark and Purple B rescued me from my disastrous crusade. I read more than I usually do and I also just leave it idle when I get distracted.

What do you mean you don't know what to do with yourself?

Which mythic did you play btw? :)

Sometimes when a game ends, a really good absorbing game, I just don't know what to play next because I'm still in that head space. Very few games leave me that way, some games I only have a vague sense of story or characters. For example, I really enjoyed Days Gone but can't remember a single characters name.

I paused during washing up dishes today and thought to myself, I bet Galfrey never does her own washing up. Sometimes writing, characterisation, plot, can leave me thoughtful, and I love when a game does that.

I went angel, I felt it was probably the most intuitive considering my problems on the slippery learning curve. Great game, great value for money. Definitely my goty.

I just finished and now I don't know what to do with myself.

Steam says I did 230 hours but I re-started once, and also went back quite far again when Wolfgrimdark and Purple B rescued me from my disastrous crusade. I read more than I usually do and I also just leave it idle when I get distracted.

I was telling a friend the same thing today. After 500 hours and been playing WOTR since September … to finish last night knowing I wanted a break for now … left me rather aimless as so much of my mental time has been around the game - possible characters, decisions and choices and my favorite …. writing out additional dialogue in my head of what I would really like to say at certain points in the game. A bit like fan-fiction about added interactions with followers and key characters. Like some things I wanted to explain to companions, questions to discuss with Areelu, and so on.

Pretty much every night I knew what I would be doing for game time - WOTR. With that over my mind needs time to adjust to other things :)

I will probably play one more time after some more content is out as I want to play an Azata Druid but for now need to break. Ended up turning Fallout 4 into a nuclear winter and playing that. Then maybe finish Encased.

Wow, so another 80 hours?

Not sure I'll last that long :D

5 hours total are more than enough, here's how :lol:
FIRST EVER WRATH OF THE RIGHTEOUS SPEEDRUN! (4:59:49)

This is the first ever attempted speedrun of this game. I have spent one stream every week for the past month or so to develop a route on my twitch stream. There are very obviously many mistakes (and a crash [and an emergency bathroom break]) BUT I am extremely happy that this is finally done! I look forward to optimizing the run over the next couple weeks so you can expect many more uploads up improved times

any way to change rotating camera from MMB to RMB? maybe with ahk but no idea how to make a script with that

any way to change rotating camera from MMB to RMB? maybe with ahk but no idea how to make a script with that
Have you used AutoHotkey before? If not, here's a quick howto:

1. Download, install, start. There will be an icon in the taskbar.
  2. Right-click AHK icon -> "edit this script"
  3. The AutoHotkey.ahk text file opens. Lines with semicolon in front are comments
  4. Put this at the end and save:
#IfWinActive ahk_exe Wrath.exe
F2::suspend
RButton::MButton
MButton::RButton

Might have to reload the script. Right-click AHK icon -> "reload this script".

The script will only work in Wrath of the Righteous (first line). Pressing F2 will restore default RMB and MMB behavior, otherwise MMB and RMB are switched. Found this script at reddit somewhere.

I've got a question myself. Does anyone know if army generals will reach level 20 at some point or do they need +% experience buildings / choices for that? I have one main general (the monk mage), one that follows 1-2 steps behind (the elf lady) and a third one that I'm keeping 2-3 steps behind for RP reasons (the dwarf dude). If they cap out at 20 anyway I won't need the extra experience and could stick to other bonuses.

Currently in chapter 3. My main general is level 8, enemy demons are level 7-9, party is level 12. Playing on normal since I only play with four characters.

I like crusade management in this game much more than kingdom management in Kingmaker. Love all the little choices you have to make.

As for hired unit types, I'm mostly sticking to the ones recommended by Greybor. They seem to be fairly well balanced. Had to to the dragon quest to get him for the first infantry upgrade (Spearmen). Later units will probably be Headhunters, Hedge Knights, Assassins and Dragonslayers.

I keep mercenaries to a minimum. Clerics and sorcerers, for now. I like sorcerers, since they fill a niche (ranged magic damage that ignores all armor - limited to 5 casts though). Deathknights I'm going to let fade away, to be replaced by the upgraded hired cavalry unit type. Paladins so I can phase out Clerics as well? Or Hedge Knights, as planned, although I'm not sure if I should play without a healing unit, even though my mage general can heal, too.

thanks, found that script before i posted here but doesnt work right for me; i can rotate the camera with rmb but it also continues to have its prior function as well (positioning the squad) which is very annoying

So I think I've lost my motivation for this game. Had tons of fun until the third chapter. Then took a break. I started again in the demon city which was fun for a while but like everything in this game is too long.

I got to the end of the chapter I think and then stopped again. I don't know if I should try again or not.

Are the final chapters more of the same or anything really special?

Im also in act3 at 56h; so far for me is inferior to the first game, the army thing on the map is what pulls me off the most, its very distracting, it takes away from the feeling and story of the party. Plus that army combat is so boring and uninteresting (auto combat is useless lol)

Im also in act3 at 56h; so far for me is inferior to the first game, the army thing on the map is what pulls me off the most, its very distracting, it takes away from the feeling and story of the party. Plus that army combat is so boring and uninteresting (auto combat is useless lol)
I never found the army element too distracting. I didn't think it added much either but it wasn't bad per sé.

Could have done without it, certainly.

So I think I've lost my motivation for this game. Had tons of fun until the third chapter. Then took a break. I started again in the demon city which was fun for a while but like everything in this game is too long.

I got to the end of the chapter I think and then stopped again. I don't know if I should try again or not.

Are the final chapters more of the same or anything really special?

Imo, its the story that shines especially in late chapters - I was so caught up with main antagonist's story and companions. So if you aren't into WotR story, I guess there's not much reason for you to continue.

Yea I agree with purple. I was super pulled into the story and characters. If you aren't feeling it then don't have any advice.

I also didn't play TB so I didn't have to worry about combat burn out. That mode really drags everything out.

I found only act 3 to be really long but still enjoyable. Act 4 I didn't notice as being overly long - seem to be pretty well balanced overall to me. I spend most of the time exploring and doing quests though so time probably goes by faster for me.

just about an hour into Act II and absolutely hate the whole army & crusade management system … hopefully will get a few tips to make it less awful so I can focus on the actual RPG that I want to play
Some quick tips for the first steps - most of these were already mentioned in the very beginning of this thread, so take this as some sort of reinforcement.

1. pick Setsuna Shy as your first general. If you picked another, maybe reload. If he doesn't show up for selection, close the window and open again. It's randomized. Other generals will probably make your experience tiresome in the beginning (Chief Ageboya or the Elf lady might work too). When he levels up, most important feats are Master of Maneuver and Healing, followed by damage spells.
2. You can recruit mercenaries every week. Make sure to purchase all of them, buy finance points with gold if you don't have enough. Move the new units over to your general's army and merge them.
3. Help the Hellknights when the opportunity presents itself. You'll get more units, and more importantly
another companion who will be among your advisors for later, which opens up lots of interesting choices.
3. Only fight against lower level enemies in the beginning, once you got some healing (from general and Cleric units) you can try even-level ones or even one level higher.
4. In combat, the gauge next to the general's portrait is his infirmary size. If units die during combat and the gauge is not full, they'll be revived after the fight.
5. Don't loose units.

Thanks for the tips - I ended up going back to where I met with the Queen before getting my first troops ... :D

1. pick Setsuna Shy as your first general. If you picked another, maybe reload. If he doesn't show up for selection, close the window and open again. It's randomized. Other generals will probably make your experience tiresome in the beginning (Chief Ageboya or the Elf lady might work too). When he levels up, most important feats are Master of Maneuver and Healing, followed by damage spells.

I missed the randomized thing, so going back I was able to get him.

2. You can recruit mercenaries every week. Make sure to purchase all of them, buy finance points with gold if you don't have enough. Move the new units over to your general's army and merge them.
3. Help the Hellknights when the opportunity presents itself. You'll get more units, and more importantly
another companion who will be among your advisors for later, which opens up lots of interesting choices.

I had just gotten to that point before jumping back to the earlier save, so look forward to this! :)

3. Only fight against lower level enemies in the beginning, once you got some healing (from general and Cleric units) you can try even-level ones or even one level higher.
4. In combat, the gauge next to the general's portrait is his infirmary size. If units die during combat and the gauge is not full, they'll be revived after the fight.
5. Don't loose units.

This is the key, right? I will have to check how I see the level of who I am coming up against ...

Upon reloading, I went to *story mode* for the crusade management ... so in theory I am hoping that this will accomplish the 'you can't lose battles' goal that in general you get with that low-level difficulty.

Well you can still lose battles on easy mode if you go up against someone stronger than you. it just makes equal or lower much easier. I wrote a pretty long write up on army battles earlier in this thread for Qayto. You might get some ideas from that as well.

I finally started my 3rd run of WotR - this time, I'm going for Arcane Trickster/Trickster mythic on Daring difficulty. I can already feel the combat much harder than Normal :X

That water elemental in Shield Maze really gave me a hard time lol

I hope I learnt enough of WotR to get through Daring without pulling my hair out too much lol

I finally started my 3rd run of WotR - this time, I'm going for Arcane Trickster/Trickster mythic
Have fun (again)! :D

Is the Arcane Trickster still as powerful as in KM with ranged sneak attack applying to every single (Hellfire) Ray?

Have fun (again)! :D

Is the Arcane Trickster still as powerful as in KM with ranged sneak attack applying to every single (Hellfire) Ray?

I don't think mechanic would have changed from Kingmaker so I assume yes :p I had few sneaks attacks with my ray of frost in prologue :D (currently rogue 1/wizard 2). I even had hellfire ray sneak attack with my angelfire apostle on occasions. I love ray sneak attacks - can't wait till I actually get AT levels :D

Back
Top Bottom