Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - Next Dragon Age Game

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Dragon Age: Dreadwolf is the name of the next game in the Dragon Age series:

Our Next Adventure -- Dragon Age: Dreadwolf

Our next game now has an official name. We know you've anxiously awaited new details, and today we're excited to reveal the official title of the next adventure across the lands of Thedas - Dragon Age: Dreadwolf.

Who is the Dread Wolf?

Solas, the Dread Wolf. Some say he might be an ancient elven god, but some say not. Others say a betrayer of his people...or a savior who now seeks to rescue them at the cost of your world. His motives are inscrutable and his methods sometimes questionable, earning him a reputation as something of a trickster deity--a player of dark and dangerous games.
More information.

That's all so half arsed.

"Some say he might be an ancient elven god, but some say not" Like what the hell… the whole thing could have been written on the fly by my 11-year-old nephew.

I do have hopes for it to be a good game, but if they were told this will begin building up hype they need to get better advisors.

Last edited:
That's all so half arsed.

"Some say he might be an ancient elven god, but some say not" Like what the hell… the whole thing could have been written on the fly by my 11-year-old nephew.

I do have hopes for it to be a good game, but if they were told this will beging building up hype they need to get better advisors.

That was all established in DA:I. It's more of a reminder than hype. (And yes, it was made clear that Solas is in fact an elven god, so those who say not are wrong)

Yep he's the dread wolf A.K.A Fen'Harel responsible for the fade. Of course you needed to play the last expansion DLC Trespasser for Dragon Age:Inquisition to know that.

Anyway glad to see they are finally ready to show-off the game after multiple delays.

Unfortunate that the whole setup for this sequel came about in DLC I never played, which was released long after I finished the base game.
It's mentioned in the original ending but the back story is expanded in Trespasser. You actually have to collect a few secret items and text to get that secret ending.:(

I never played any DA:I DLC, but I knew about it from the game itself.
Yep I said so in my second comment it's just expanded more in the DLC. I'm not making that up either it's a fact. Shame you needed the DLC for more background on him.

Been years since I played Inquisition though and had to look it up again.:embarrassed:

Likely a pass for me. I'll probably check out the next Mass Effect, but Dragon Age doesn't hold much appeal to me anymore especially if I have to play through Inquisition to get the full story heading into this.

It's best to play Dragon Age games AFTER all the DLC comes out. I found that out the hard way with Dragon Age: Origins.

DA:I was abysmal and to be honest I barely remember the story. Solas was a uninteresting character so I would be concerned if the next one revolves around him.

DA:I was abysmal and to be honest I barely remember the story. Solas was a uninteresting character so I would be concerned if the next one revolves around him.

I didn't care much for him either, but maybe it's a plot point that he was boring on purpose so that nobody would suspect he was the harbinger of end times. ;)

DA:I is one of my favorite games, which I replayed for the first time several months ago (I tend to play very good long games a total of two times), so I'm glad they are finally getting closer to the next one.

Big pass. First DA game I found somewhat enjoyable until 30%?

Wouldn't say it sucked but BioWare what it is today doesn't inspire much confidence. If this was ten years ago I would be a screaming fanboy in the comment section.

So untrue.

I should really caveat that. I mean absymal compared to the original DA: Origins. DA: I was overly long and padded with highly repetitive quests. Each zone basically had a block of quests along the lines of: Supply requisitions, find points of interest and astrology + a bunch of others.

The next worst offender was the respawning enemies - that even respawned when you just panned the camera! It was lazy as hell. Just shit design full stop.

The first 30% was certainly the best part and while I liked parts of the overall story it just got let down by the actual gameplay elements.

I am played and finished the full GOTY edition - fully patched and with all possible content.

Yep MMO hub design. Still remember being stuck on the first region and not realizing you could leave, and come back later and finish the area. Talk about embarrassing.

Kingdoms of Amalur had the same world and level design as well.

Some of the past bigwigs have come out against the Frostbite Engine. It was very insightful how that new engine stalled development of Inquisition and Andromeda.

Link - https://www.tweaktown.com/news/68870/frostbite-big-roadblock-bioware-very-hard-manage/index.html
Link - https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/04/aa...-witcher-3-better-than-dragon-age-inquisition

My biggest worry is the early trailer showing off assets gave off Dark Soul vibes.

Well, I'm certainly interested. I liked Inquisition quite well despite its obvious flaws.
However I have no idea if they still have the talent to make a game at least in this quality.

Back
Top Bottom