General News - Naughty Dog's Next Game Fantasy?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamingbolt believe Naughty Dog's next game will be in a medieval fantasy setting.

One potential clue could lay in some concept art by senior concept artist Hyoung Nam on ArtStation (which is two months old, but still). Three pieces were posted with the title "The Women of North" and the caption, "Inspire from new game. You know what I'm talking about..." followed by a winking emoji. The concept art showcases a dragon, indicating a medieval fantasy-themed title, but the outfits for two of the women seem Celtic-inspired.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

"The Women of North" and the caption, "Inspire from new game. You know what I'm talking about…"
Ha…no I want to say something derogatory about the developer, but nope I'll hold back.

So I basically say zero fucks given and wont play it.:cool:

The future is female. Can't wait to not play their next propaganda piece.

I'll keep an open mind until they reveal more. I don't care for the direction they went with The Last of Us Part II, but I still have great memories of the first game.

What it actually says is,

"Inspire from new game call "Assassin's Creed Valhalla". You know what I'm talking about..."

So it seems it's just a "for fun" project to capture some of the Valhalla setting, done by an artist that surely does art outside of his job. This has nothing to do with their next project.

What it actually says is,

"Inspire from new game call "Assassin's Creed Valhalla". You know what I'm talking about…"

So it seems it's just a "for fun" project to capture some of the Valhalla setting, done by an artist that surely does art outside of his job. This has nothing to do with their next project.

Thanks for posting this. I swear, misleading reporting is just a constant, constant thing. Clicks are so much more important to them than truth.

I don't get the hard feelings Last of us II generated. I watched the "movie" on YT and found it to be great.
You might not like it, but what propaganda?

What does the team called Naughty Dog actually do ? I don't remember 10.000 developing team names, I'm sorry …

What does the team called Naughty Dog actually do ? I don't remember 10.000 developing team names, I'm sorry …

The Last of Us has been mentioned several times already in this thread. That and the Uncharted series, in the recent past. Jak & Daxter and Crash Bandicoot if you go back further.

They've made some decent games over the years... I'd love to see them take on a fantasy-based game, especially if it hewed a bit more to the RPG side of things.

They've made some decent games over the years… I'd love to see them take on a fantasy-based game, especially if it hewed a bit more to the RPG side of things.

I don't want a straight RPG from them because in my book they're among the very best at creating focused narratives. But there are already RPG elements in their recent games. TLOU 1&2 had perk trees. Limited ones, but still.

Back
Top Bottom