[Rant] The future of the PC platform ...

Adventure games are still being made and are generally doing quite fine. The nature of the adventure game play seem to keep them under the radar of many but just take a quick looksee over at http://www.justadventure.com/ and you'll find a wealth of old, new and upcoming games. I for one am anxiously awaiting the supremely interesting Culpa Innata as Two Worlds and The Witcher.

Alrik, have you tried Keepsake? It's an old style adventure game I enjoyed playing last year!!

I'm already in the middle of Keepsake !

It was such a blast for me, simple exploring, getting a story told that unfolds slowly, and, what's more important : I have all the time of the world !

Well, yes, theoretically. ;)

Adventures are sooo much non-action, so slowed down I can really enjoy them ! :) No need to keep in mind "what ould haben next ?" No stress, no speed, no hectic, no fast thinking needed, no calculating, no enemies which could threaten the life of the (my) character ... It's just pure, simple, slowed down.

To me, that's fun. :)

And, by the way, I regularly stop by the current German adventure pages :) like www.adventurecorner.de, for example, or www.adventuretreff.de :)

Back
Top Bottom