Arcania - German demo

Saw your post in the Arcania thread. Very interesting. Still interested in the English demo.

Edit: I read the English version should be out at the same time. If anyone finds a link to it, feel free to post it.

I'm at work, but I'm very interested in checking this out - so if anyone is willing to try and post first impressions, that'd be cool ;)

Apparently, this isn't German-only - and you can choose English during installation.

Haven't tried it myself, but I guess it means no waiting ;)

let's GO MOTHERF*****
thank you dArtagnan!!!!

edit: pretty slow... cca 70-150K/sec

*take note to download demo*

Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to try it tonight after work.

Odd, I'm getting 250 kB/s from GH. Not exactly light speed but sufficient to get it in an hour or so.

Odd, I'm getting 250 kB/s from GH. Not exactly light speed but sufficient to get it in an hour or so.

Are you a member? I think they have preferential speeds for members. the US mirrors I tried all give "The authentication key you used was not valid" when I click on the link. I used a UK site I think (or maybe even a German one).

OK: tried download.pcgames.de - 500KB/s...rather than 20+ KB/s at Gamershell. Maybe there's a network routing problem to SA? Who knows, anyway. will only try it tomorrow probbaly.

Tested with my Q8300, 6 GB and GT220 (1400x900), I've had to put all settings to LOW or disabled (except textures, and depth of view about 30%) and even, it remains a little choppy to play.

Considered that I've played only on G1 & G2 (not G3 at this time), combat is more like a beat'm'all than a timed combat. I didn't understood how properly select next attack, and missing a lock option is very disturbing when trying to move around an ennemy.

French voices are ridiculous (and the voice of witch is very below anything)

I've digged on configuration file and have found this in data\configuration\ProcessManager.xml :
ThreadConfig platform="PC" cores="1"
ThreadConfig platform="X360" cores="6"

( posted also on http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11466 )

This ran fine but is it really that hard to find an english speaker to proofread their text? Also, are people capable of crafting an interesting story all unavailable or something? This demo is on par with Dungeon Lords or Two Worlds for sucking.

Why are they releasing the game on the same week as Fallout NV? And Two Worlds 2? I'd be so stoked about this (long time Gothic fan) but it's been nearly eclipsed by my anticipation for NV.

But I like what I've seen so far. It looks like they've made a move to take the game back to it's roots, with the old classic monsters I love so much, the armour looks similar (I hope the cool merc armour makes a come back).

"Where can I find your tunnel?" I had to lol.

Back
Top Bottom