Fable 2 - Key Features @ Next Gen

I like this idea as well, and to be honest, I don't rememer a single RPG (at least dfor the PC) where this concept has been fully worked out.

This comes near to my concept of "fighting for something" vs. "fighting against something" (there once was an old "Alrik's different angle" article over there at RPGDot).

Baldur's Gate used family quite a lot actually - revenge on Sarevok for Gorions' death, rescue Imoen, the main character being a child of Bhaal, fighting your own siblings in Throne of Bhaal, etc.

For me, that's pretty much the limit though - involve family more than that and it turns into The Sims.

For me, that's pretty much the limit though - involve family more than that and it turns into The Sims.

Which would attract more female gamers, I guess.

I like this idea as well, and to be honest, I don't rememer a single RPG (at least dfor the PC) where this concept has been fully worked out.

This comes near to my concept of "fighting for something" vs. "fighting against something" (there once was an old "Alrik's different angle" article over there at RPGDot).

ICO was marvelous in the way it made you care about your protégé from what I've heard, but alas, not available for PC so I could never play it myself...

Back
Top Bottom