The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Once again : I'm looking for players who would like to do the "Gladewatch Outpost" with me.
The quest giver is located only centimetres away from the guild ship entrance at the market place. His name is d'Deneith.

Or, on the other hand, how do I start a PUG for that ? Do there exist any tutorials on starting a PUG ?

Go to the social screen ("O" by default). The first tab lists open groups. At the bottom of that window are some buttons, one of which is something like "create group". Click on that and fill in the blanks. Your new group will show up on the list and others will be able to join it.

Okay, I'll try that at one point.
Is anything expected from me to do (or not to do, lol) if I invite people ?

Reading the chat is sometimes insightful - someone said that "recipes 17,18.,19,20 make the secret one", a secret recipe, apparingly. Winter Festival recipes.

Someone else was talking about a "secret" ability ? the rabbit-hat has … unfortunately it isn't available anymore, maybe during the Egg-Festival again ? ;)

After lots of jumping (which was still fun ! :) ), I had gained enough motes (a word I had to learn, lol) to give my +3 two-handed sword a Festival coldness damage, too - but only 1 point of additional damage. I was *very* happy anyway ! :)

But the best was yet to come : Someone was so kind to apply a better coldness damage for me ! - This was of course a bit risky (I imagined the char could have been running away), but I still have enough other weapons … So now my +3 two-handed sword has now 1-6 additional coldness damage ! :) Yay ! :)

I did the "Thear Of Dhakaan" quest today - now *that* was much, much longer than I had expected ! I couldn't get all of these "tear stones", because I failed at intelligence (again !) and strength at doors early in the beginning.

Now I'm at around 9000 plat, which means that I only need another 1000 until I can let the hole reworked !

I also put a few items into the chest again.

The bunny hat is actually a DDO store item, a cosmetic item. When holding a scroll it gives +3 to UMD checks, but it doesn't stack with items like the golden cartouche. I don't think it's available based on any in-game events, as I got one when there wasn't anything going on.

Tear is one of those that is very challenging to solo, and is best with a full group. You can't get all of the shards otherwise.

Yes, I realized that, too.

It'd be interesting to do it with one of you one day.

I also liked its level design very much (in contrast to the - still very challenging - level design of The Pit).

Ok.............(sneak mode on)................does anyone know Corwin's log in info? We could go in, clean up his inventory, empty the wand-hoard which is his life, and maybe put something on his toons that afford him hp rather then constant featherfall.............anyone wanting to help meet me on the harbor peer at 0:30 and be sure to use the call sign............"Pulling a Corwin".........(sneak mode off).

There currently is a constitution +3 (?) belt in the chest - wouldn't that be ideal for him ? ;)

Apropos "doing a corwin" : My character died approx. 10 times today ;) - I did some of the Kundarak quests on Elite. ;)

Flower proved to be a good hireling again. ;)

Now I need only 15 points of Kundarak favour until I can get more bank space. Yay ! :)

And regarding space - I reached the 10.000 Platinum amount today ! Yay ! :) So I could pay that "hole converter" at last ! :)

The downside of this all is that I only have 91 Plat right now and need repairs … Oh my, have I been giving away money for repairs today !

But I think, it was worth the effort in the end ! :)

May I point out Cm, that the spelling is PIER, not peer. Anyway, this will be by last lot of posts for about 3 weeks while I'm in NZ. See you all then.

Good luck and have fun, then ! ;)

Okay, I tried creating a new character today.

His name is Daracaram Signsearcher, and he is a Drow Magician. :biggrin:

I'm wondering how far he'll make it/how hard it will be for him.
At least I can delete this character, if necessary (although I wouldn't like it. I usually stick to the chars I create).

I have chosen the - what appeared to me - most versatile path. I wonder whether this will become rather a path of success or a path of hindrance to me ?

His biography will be like ... The Signsearchers are an old "family" or sect or secret society ... Alrikadaram doesn't know that he has a "Brother" with the same second name ... Unfortunately they'll never meet ... ;)

Daracaram Signsearcher has been following rumors that there might be an Elf with the name of Signsearcher out there ... Someone who has the same second name as he has ...

I'm not quite sure whether I'll place Alrikadaram Signsearcher as a member of a sect/secret society of "Sign Searchers", or as a real family member, something like an Orphan, who has been raised by ... Elfes ? Drow ?

The problem lies within the fact that I haven't been thinking about Alrikadaram's family yet. I'm going to make up my mind on that matter.

The character creation screen says that playing an magician will become challenging - well, if playing an Ranger was *not* challenging ... I assume that I'll be cursing very often in the future. Maybe I'll even switch over to a Cleric one day, who knows ?

Well, I'll see. I won't meet Stormreach within the next 1-2 weeks, I suppose, so Daracaram Signsearcher won't be meeting the guild very soon.

And the big news is out.

1 - Level cap will be increasing to 25 this year.

2 - Druids will be coming this year.

3 - Menace of the Underdark, a full expansion, brings these and the Forgotten Realms to DDO this year.

4 - U13 drops on Feb 22. This includes pets across the board.

I have no idea how they'll handle transitioning current DDO characters to the expansion, how they'll handle distribution, if it's a basically separate game, or what.

Wow !

February ? That early ???

Possible that the new level cap has something to do with U13 and perhaps even the new expansion ?

Best get to work, Alrik. You've got a lot of levelling to do. ;)

And here I thought I was pretty much done spending money with DDO. So it goes.

No, U13 is not the expansion. The Expansion is the Expansion, and won't be counted as a regular update. U13 is just a regular update, bringing in pets. However, I'd expect that it will lead into the expansion, specifically how and why we'll be able to teleport freely to Faerun.

I don't know that we'll be needing much of the expansion, however. Druids, of course, are my favorite classic D&D class and I'll buy them. But the FR content will be level 21+ stuff. Yes, actual EPIC levels. We're just able to handle some of the easiest current epics with heavy resource usage. Which I am unwilling to do anymore.

So I'll probably just ignore the expansion itself for now, and get Druid and see what I can make of them.

Quote from that "open letter" :

PS We have a big XP boost in-game this weekend to celebrate our big announcement and the start of the year of the Dragon ! It should help those of us who have some characters to level and get ready to face the dangers we will face in the Underdark!

Source : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=358497

To be more specific :
+20% XP Boost now through January 22nd! Also, get a 20% discount on all DDO Store XP Boosts!

Source : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4266521#post4266521

( Just wait til he gets back.........pier indeed.............smartass as always!) :cm: ;)

From January, 20th, there is a huge discount going on : *all* adventurte packs are discounted right now !

Plus one thing … there TR things … these "Heards" are - I think - discounted now, too !

Source : http://www.ddo.com/en/ddostore/sales-a-promotions

The "Underdark" Expansion has now its own web site, by the way :
http://www.ddo.com/underdark/

In it, level 25 and the Druid Class are now officially announced !

As a side-note, playing a magician becomes more fun when I use the spells "Mage Armor" and "Shield" … My very first real quest, "Heyton's Rest", however, was almost a complete failure : I think I had the wrong spells. Had I not these many health drinks, then my character would have been toast ! But still - he was knocked out of consciousness several times … I'm quite glad I had taken the enhancement ? which lets my char automatically recover when knocked down …

Well, today I have bought such a "Game Card" for DDO.
Just because I want to participate in that adventure pack discount. :D

I'm going to buy

- Delara
- Shan-to-kor (likely, but not 100 % sure)

But apart from that I don't really have any clue.

Most people in the DDO forums also recommend :

- Sands of M.
- Gianthold
- Vault Of Night (VON)
- Vale Of Twilight (VOT)

Is there anything low-level to mid-level you can recommend ?

I remember from a past discussion here that the Phiarlan Carnival was recommended, too ?

Edit : I was getting through Korthos Island much, much faster than I had expected to ! I'm doing Misery's Peak this evening.

If the responsibles could send Daracaram Signsearcher a guild invite, I'd be grateful.

There is one question about which I haven't found any answer yet : If I did a quest on let's say "hard", and I'm re-doing it on "normal" - will my quest favour decrease, then ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom