GOG - Baldur's Gate 1&2: Enhanced Edition

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
GOG announces you can now purchase DRM-Free versions of the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. Here are the details.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition - a grand return (for both Windows and MAC OS X) of the most historic RPGs ever made is happening now on GOG.com and it's 50% off for the first three days, for both titles. That's only $9.99 and $12.49 respectively for the enhanced Baldur's Gate experience available for Windows and Mac OS X!

Since the initial release in 1998, Baldur's Gate and its sequel have entertained millions of Dungeons & Dragons fans around the globe and received countless awards. This classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for computer role playing games ever since. Running on an upgraded and improved version of the Infinity Engine, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition includes the entire Baldur's Gate adventure and Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack. The final chapter - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition includes Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal, the epic conclusion of the Bhaalspawn saga. Both games contain never-before-seen content: new combat-focused adventures, and a total of seven exclusive party members to join you on your journey.

This enhanced take on the series brings the experience back to life with full widescreen support, remastered area artwork from original renders, and a host of other interface and gameplay improvements. Can you resist the evil within you, or will you embrace your monstrous nature? With Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, there has never been a better time to find out. Discover the magic, or rekindle an old love affair on GOG.com for only $9.99 and $12.49 until Sunday, October 19, at 14:29 GMT!
More information.

Good to see. Maybe now Beamdog will drop the DRM they have on the game too (or give you a code to redeem at GOG).

What? Baldur's Gate ½? Is that a prequel? OMG OMG OMG!! Oh wait… ;)

blatantninja: We actually have no DRM on any of our games :)

Last I checked, in order to install the game, I had to log into my beamdog account and then download it. Even if I use the files downloaded previously (like on another PC), to install, I still have to log into beamdog. Has that changed?

What? You didn't Baldur's Gate 1/2 in which you play the horny, rapacious god of murder himself? Can you resist the evil within...?

All I did was shorten the title but I guess I can't expect a sloth to concentrate long enough to form a full thought now can I? And they say I'm a lazy potato.:biggrin:
Last I checked, in order to install the game, I had to log into my beamdog account and then download it. Even if I use the files downloaded previously (like on another PC), to install, I still have to log into beamdog. Has that changed?
I'm curious as well since GOG games never use DRM.o_O

I'm curious as well since GOG games never use DRM.o_O

GOG and Beamdog works the same way: You have to log into your account and then you can download the install files. Beamdog also has a special DRM Beamdog app thing, but that's optional. The other option is to simply download the installation files directly from their website, just like GOG.

What? You didn't Baldur's Gate 1/2 in which you play the horny, rapacious god of murder himself? Can you resist the evil within…?

I would totally play that.

GOG and Beamdog works the same way: You have to log into your account and then you can download the install files. Beamdog also has a special DRM Beamdog app thing, but that's optional. The other option is to simply download the installation files directly from their website, just like GOG.

They don't work the same way (unless something has changed with Beamdog). When I download a game from GOG, I have everything I need on my computer to install that game again. I never have to log into GOG again to install the game. If GOG goes away, I still can install an play my game.

Beamdog requires you to log in each time you install it. I can't just download the files, then move it to another machine and install it.

Again, unless something has changed that I don't know about.

Back
Top Bottom