Empire of Ember - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
the action RPG Empire of Ember has been released:

Empire of Ember Trailer #2

Enter a world of steel, war, and magic to avenge the murder of your wizard master. Recruit and lead your army in hundred-unit clashes. Design, defend, and lay siege to fully destructible cities. Loot procedurally generated dungeons. Hold court. The fate of an empire is in your hands.
More information.

Interesting. I saw hexes like a turn-based game but a whole lot of first-person real-time as well.

Interesting. I saw hexes like a turn-based game but a whole lot of first-person real-time as well.
That's because it's another hybrid game of different genres. You manage a kingdom, fight battles, and yes even go RPGing on quests. It wont be a game for everyone.

Though if you enjoy Mount and Blade, Spellforce, and Legends of Ellaria you'll love it.

Anyone played it yet? I remember seeing some of the previews, but I thought it was going to be early access for longer than it was.

Reviews are mostly positive so far, but it looks a little janky to me for some reason.

Reviews are mostly positive so far, but it looks a little janky to me for some reason.
It's been made mostly by a single developer (who purchased external assets, I assume).
A certain jank is to be expected.

Still should have been kept in the oven a few more months, though, IMO.
Either way, I'm enjoying it.

Last edited:
It's been made mostly by a single developer (who purchased external assets, I assume).
A certain jank is to be expected.

Still should have been kept in the oven a few more months, though, IMO.
Either way, I'm enjoying it.

I tried it for a bit this morning, and yeah, if still feels like an early access game in some ways. The controls in particular need some work. The whole game has a sort of floaty feel to it.

I couldn't even get past the tutorial without encountering a bug. The undead mage got stuck in a wall while I was fighting him and I couldn't progress. I had to restart the game and skip the tutorial.

I can see the appeal though. I did a couple of missions after restarting, and it was fun enough. I like how you can explore random dungeons on your own for additional loot. The combat is very simplistic though.

I'll probably return to it after a few updates and see how it feels.

Back
Top Bottom