Mass Effect 3: Leviathan DLC Officially Announced

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
We already knew it was coming but it's official now. So anybody excited and still playing the game?

Something lurks in the dark corners of space, something powerful enough to kill a Reaper. Shepard must discover the most closely guarded secret in the galaxy before the Reapers silence it forever. Discover more about the origins of the Reapers as you race across the galaxy to find the Leviathan. Unravel the dark history of the Reaper Race before it is too late. Coming later this summer there is no war, only the harvest.

Taking place during the events of Mass Effect 3, players will be thrust into the darkest corners of space where they will hunt a mysterious being rumored to be powerful enough to destroy a Reaper. As they race against time, they will begin to unravel the secret of the Leviathan. Explore uncharted systems and new areas on the Citadel, interact with brand new characters, unlock the AT-12 Raider shotgun and M-55 Argus Assault Rifle and discover more about the mysterious history of the Reapers.
Link-http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/109009-mass-effect-3-leviathan-dlc-officially-announced-wii-u-version-details.html

So anybody excited
Quite.
But this particular DLC seems like a kind of material which calls for the best writers on the team so hopefully Patrick Weekes and especially John Dombrow were on it.
Besides additions to the lore and the core narrative, this quest seems like it might infuse the game with alienness á la thorian from the first game which would be a plus since the sequels were lacking in this department.

Since most of the story stuff I wasn´t satisfied with likely came from the lead writer who probably won´t be involved in any of the DLCs and since all story DLCs will likely be geared towards enhancing (or "fixing") the core narrative in various ways to elicit more interest in players, I´m quite interested in them in general.
I´ve enjoyed ME3 quite a bit so, tentatively, more ME3 is good in my book.
Hopefully these additions will turn out to be good as I certainly wouln´t mind meatier and more comprehensive experience on a replay.

No release date though.. I hope it's soon because I'll be starting ME3 in the very near future. If not, I might delay my playthrough until it gets released.

yet another reason to why you never should play games until 6 months after initial release.

I enjoyed ME3 a lot but I'm not sure that I will re-install it just for this DLC right now (had a nasty rootkit and swiped everything clean).

Ill wonder if they ever will release a complete DA2 edition? distaste from the demo but still curious.

C

Who am I kidding, Ill play the dlc since some parts of the ME franchise and universe are about the best gaming/escapism that I ever have had

Ill wonder if they ever will release a complete DA2 edition? distaste from the demo but still curious.

Bioware said there will never be a DA2 GOTY. Stores and other merchants are not interested and will not sell it. Use Google for I am not tracking it down. The interview discussed why DA2 DLC and the expansion were cancelled. Gaider also answered why there never would be a GOTY edition.

To sum it up-

They dropped the DLC
They dropped the addon
They moved to DAIII

As for the ME3 DLC I was going to replay the game for the new endings, but I think I will put that on hold now myself.

Last edited:
Thanks, I've not been up to speed about DA2.
Id say Bioware went into damage control mode.

C

No problem. I find it weird Mass Effect 1+2 hasn't had any GOTY editions yet either.

I don't think they ever will, because GOTY = including *everything* that was ever released for it ... And that stands imho very much in the way of EA's use of DLC as implicite DRM plus "Project Ten Dollar" ...

They get money or at least IP numbers for every DLC from these games, so why should they abandon that ?

Back
Top Bottom