Nexus Mods, for tablets and smartphones

Drithius

Magic & Loss
So the Nexus is making public today a site redesign. Take a look.
https://rd.nexusmods.com/

Can I just say here that I am sick of web design, in its entirety, taking a turn for the worse because people view content on 4" screens.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-10-24 14.12.30.jpg
    Screenshot 2017-10-24 14.12.30.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 27
Yeah, that is pretty bad.

I was looking over my mod pages just now to see just how screwed up everything was and I honestly got a headache. Images and video take up 2-3x more screen real estate and text wraps clear across the screen - great for 4" screens, not so much 30" monitors. Not to mention the fact that there are flat-style buttons and links everywhere that make navigation and presentation of information an absolute nightmare.

One comparison: old page vs new page.

I'm honestly thinking of just deleting all my mods once this change gets pushed permanently. It's not like I'll be playing/modding much, if any, of Bethesda's future lineup of RPG-less games anyway.

Last edited:
Ugh, yep, everything is super-jumbo sized. How retarded.

The only thing I can suggest is maybe if enough people hate it, then maybe someone who is talented with the technical stuff in this area will do a "mod" of the site where it will still appear like the old site. There is a site - userstyles.org - which puts out an extension called "stylish", where people do this with various websites, there is an extension for Firefox and other browsers too, and they make new designs for websites, with different colors and so on, especially when a site is redesigned for the worse.

For example, there is one for those who hated the new IMDB design, you can download it, and then the IMDB movie website looks like it used to from a few years back.

The new style is too wide, but otherwise looks less cluttered than the old one IMO.

Back
Top Bottom