Bard's Tale IV - Released

The puzzles are bonus content created specifically for backers. It's their reward for supporting the game early on. I don't understand what makes you entitled to them.

The puzzles are bonus content created specifically for backers. It's their reward for supporting the game early on. I don't understand what makes you entitled to them. .

How do I know if a puzzle is only for backers?

Entitled, LOL. Well, if I'm entitled to something, it's to make a choice about the sort of deal I want to buy into. I want to pay some money, and have a whole game with nothing gated off to me. If that's not the deal, I won't take it, and one day I might buy the cheap complete package. It's just not a way to encourage me to buy on release.

How do I know if a puzzle is only for backers?

I assume it would tell you what puzzles you need the code wheel to solve.

Entitled, LOL. Well, if I'm entitled to something, it's to make a choice about the sort of deal I want to buy into.

You made that choice when you didn't back the game.

Claiming it's 'yucky' that you don't get rewarded for someone else's contribution makes you sound entitled. They earned the right to be treated special.

Indeed, and they made the choice to shape the deal that way. Now they don't get my money. That's all, really.

Fair enough, as long as you recognize that the backers earned them and you didn't.

i consider myself properly chastened.

Also, it's all bullshit.

STEAM_STANDARD.png

My 2700k@4.5Ghz and 1080ti can't keep a stable 60fps on min settings and just lose around 20fps on max settings. Rather high cpu usage with peaks in the 40% range but gpu runs at 100% usage the whole time so unlikely that the old cpu is the issue.

Putting it on hold for the moment, even if kingmaker don't do better I still have way too many games to play to really complain about waiting.

The product is so good streamers compare it to DD.

It seemed that the turn based sequence was supposed to be something else than UgoIgo, stuff like asynchronous turns or something.

Nothing like that as streamers show it.

Anyone know whether the puzzle items like the fire horn are added to existing save games, or only work for new games once the code is redeemed?

More news for you guys.:)

The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep Reviews

MMORPG.com - 8.8/10
This is your grandpappy’s old-school RPG, but it is made for the modern day. It’s made for RPG lovers of all types, ages, and experience. Bard’s Tale 4 follows squarely in the footsteps of giants without missing a beat. It has taken all those classic features and brought them into modern game play. It feels both fresh and true to its roots, at the same time. I highly recommend this to veterans and newcomers to the series alike.
DarkStation -4/5
If you’re expecting The Bard’s Tale IV to be an action-RPG on par with some recent blockbusters, you may be disappointed. This is not a cinematic experience with bleeding edge graphics and breathless action and combat. However, if you approach the gameas a super-enhanced, classic dungeon crawler that both fits into the legacy and moves the needle on a well-respected, beloved franchise, then you will be pleased by its story, puzzles, nuanced combat, excellent music and varied environments. With its return to Skara Brae, Kylearan’s Tower and other familiar locations, The Bard’s Tale IV serves as both a sequel and an introduction to some of dungeon crawling’s iconic landmarks and its intact sense of humor reminds us that not every adventure needs to be deadly serious.
Steam announcement about upcoming Bard's Tale IV fixes.
First of all, thank you for your patience and for your ongoing support. We are here to update you on the short-term road map for The Bard’s Tale IV so you can get a sense of what’s coming. We had a few more problems during yesterday’s release then we had hoped for, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We will try hard to solve all of your issues as fast as we can.

One of the biggest concerns has been the delay in delivering the final keys of the game. Both our partners Crowdox and Xsolla faced a situation where these were not distributed as planned and it took them some time to sort it out. Our partners have assured us that all remaining issues should be resolved by today.

We are also aware that some people are experiencing problems with dropping framerates, missing widescreen support, FOV sliders, or unusual high loading times between certain areas. In addition, a small amount of people are encountering a black screen on load. Thank you for all the feedback you have been provided so far, and we want to make sure you see what we are doing with it. Please take a look at our patch notes below for detailed information.

We are working around the clock to solve these issues as soon as possible. Also, we would like to ask you to let us know if there are any other issues that influence your personal gaming experience in a negative way. We have spent a lot of love, time and effort into the development of The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep, and there is no bigger reward for us than if you are enjoying it.

I've read on Steam forums that turning Shadows on decreases your FPS a lot, and turning that option off makes the game uglier than it normally is (players' words, not mine).

Right now I believe it's better for me to wait for the performance/bug fixes being worked on. Some people even say the performance/optimization issues can be easily fixed. Since my video card (GTX 760) is already two generations behind, almost three if you consider the RTX 20XX family is upon us, every extra frame per second will help me. And since I really don't wanna have an awful BT4 experience, it's better to wait a little more.

Last edited:
That might well true about the performance. The whole thing sounds like it was rushed out the door, and if it's badly optimized, there could be some big performance gains when they sit down to look at it properly.

So far I would say the game is ok - not great but not as bad as the steam reviews. There are some annoyances with the interface (you have to click a button to bring up abilities - why i don't know - why not replace that stupid button with the abilities for example) and there are some technical issues but no crashes or major bugs yet.

Game is dumbed down Hearthstone clone, good fit for duplicitous little cunts like you people.

giphy.gif

i consider myself properly chastened.

Also, it's all bullshit.

STEAM_STANDARD.png
The "digital" code wheel we got is PDF. You need to print it, cut out boxes and circles and then use paper version by rotating whatever whatnot.
That's not digital. I asked where is real digital.
Game is dumbed down Hearthstone clone, good fit for duplicitous little cunts like you people.
Please crawl back to whatever amateur troll community you belong to.
Anyone know whether the puzzle items like the fire horn are added to existing save games, or only work for new games once the code is redeemed?
Fire Horn is not a puzzle item. At least I couldn't find a puzzle on,it upon inspection.
You do however find a puzzle weapon near it and you're supposed to already have a gem to solve the first puzzle on it.

Back
Top Bottom