D:OS What I don't like about D:OS and other Divinity games

Divinity: Original Sin

zahratustra

SasqWatch
I'm about 85% through D:OS EE and I have to say that while it's not a bad game the randomness of the gear stats, crafting supplies or/and vendor wares is a BIG minus IMO.
Now, I don't care about loot from thrash mobs. You can always sell it and (theoretically) buy something more appropriate BUT:
1- loot from bosses should have been much more meaningful and what we got instead are divine items which are weaker than epic or armor/gear/weapons with the stupidest combination of stats imaginable!
2- if putting some sense into the gear was too much to ask, there should have been at least a possibility to craft some usefulness into the drops and purchases BUT
2a- you can up armor strength and price, add elemental protection and that's it!
2b- I have found only three rubies (all of them in chapter 1) which add elemental protection to the armor. THREE! Cap level is 20 and you can have up to 4 characters in your party!
2c- I have found only one scope (adding perception to the ranged weapons) also in chapter 1. Fucking ONE!
3- I haven't found Man at Arms Terror, Rage or Negate Resistances skill books despite looking in places recommended by divinity wikia. Which means that I have wasted Madora's 5 ability points to bring her to MaA 5 and she is using as her second master skill one I got rather than one I want. And I'm almost at the end of this game!

Now, I'm not saying that any of the mentioned crafting ingredients or skill books should be plentiful or easy to come by. But three, one and zero!?

Last edited:
I agree w/ both of you. :)

To many things to like about the game to care about what I didn't like.

This is also my problem. When a game is great overall, I tend to forget minor things that actually annoyed me. D:OS helped it - was designed in a way you can play with ignoring some things, for example you could ignore overpowered crafting and enjoy the game completely.

And it's actually a bad thing. Without detailed feedback, and although everyone loves the game, devs perhaps won't realize something is bothering players and could repeat the same "mistake" in a new game.

I only wish it would have taken itself a touch more seriously. (did I already say this out loud?) The dialogue could be really difficult to follow.

Though the voiceovers in EE helped a lot with that.

I'm just glad that some kind soul made sneaking mod. Couldn't stand this barrel/stone/bush thingy. I wonder who thought that it would be a good idea?!

Have you ever tried jumping into a barrel and sneak past people, Zahratustra?
You wouldn't believe how many fall for it. :p

I'm just glad that some kind soul made sneaking mod. Couldn't stand this barrel/stone/bush thingy. I wonder who thought that it would be a good idea?!

I agree worst idea ever. Going to find and install this mod asap.

Back
Top Bottom