FF: Advent Children

Delirious Nomad

Watcher
It has just been released here in Germany, so I'm sorry if you're already done with discussing it. I'd like to know what you think of it storywise and technically.
Does it work as the longest and finest intro for Dirge Of The Cerberus (also just released here).

Well, I liked it a lot - from a technical POV as well as story-wise, but none of my friends who had *not* played the FFVII game understood what was going on (understandable, seeing how characters weren't properly introduced etc.). I haven't followed DoC news at all - all I know is that Vincent is supposed to be the protagonist -, so I wouldn't know if AC was a decent introduction to the game or not.

I've heard very mixed things on Dirge of Cerberus - much of the criticism is that instead of being an RPG it is really a 3rd person action game. Story and character development are tossed in the name of mindless shooter-style action.

My take on Advent Children is 'for fanboys only'. Which is pretty much what Jaz said.

Advent Children ? Released at Christmas Advent time ? How fitting ! :D ;)

I haven't watched this movie ... yet. Haven't played any of the games, so it sparkles little interest. I've heard good things about it, though, and may give it a try sometime

Hurrah!

FFVII: Advent Children. Wow. So many years (Seven?) after the game, and I must say it was worth waiting, 'cause I absolutely loved it! Of course, I'm a fanatic of the game, so I knew I would like it even before I saw it. What else would you expect from someone who deliberately has Win98 on a separate drive, just so he can play that old game. :biggrin: Well, it could've been better, but while watching it I felt that this is Final Fantasy VII and not something else. The story, the action, the music... wonderful! I agree with others that the story will be, uh.. unclear, for people who did not play the game. Still, it's worth seeing.

One thing I missed was a Chocobo, but I guess it would be too cheerful for the overall atmosphere of the movie. And perhaps I was hoping to see more Summons (Imagine my grin after the line "What should I summon next?") or magic, but seeing the Sleeping Forest/Forgotten Capital makes up for it!

It even has Tseng.

Yeah, I didn't think it was him until I saw his name in the ending credits or somewhere. What is he doing in there?!

He's in the starting scene, but you can't see him there, then he's captured along with Elena, and later he and Elena come to Rufus' aid. I believe you can see his ID card somewhere, too, but I forgot the exact time and place.

This movie was H.O.R.R.I.B.L.E .... I did like to see all the FF characters in high-res though... that was the only good thing + Tifa and Aerith are hot :D

@Jaz: I did not express myself clearly enough. I *did* notice him in the movie, but I thought: "No, that cannot be him". What I mean is, what is he doing *there*?! I saw him, uh... "return to the planet", you know. (Great moment that was, by the way)

I think that was just a slight wink to the audience...

Oh, okay. Some say it's due to a translation error that he was believed to be dead in the first place. I wouldn't have a clue since my Japanese is... uh... well, there's no word for a negative skill I think.

Back
Top Bottom