Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Gameplay Video

I'd still much rather have a manual save-load system in a game like this, but I suppose it comes down to personal preference.

The game looks like it might be fun but they need to have a very good story to go with it. I doubt the gameplay alone is going to carry it far. (Or maybe it will turn out to be another one of those 20 hour games?)

What worries me is an article on PC Gamer where they talk about how it took them months to do a wipe transition. If they're spending resources on something like that, I'm afraid they're putting money into areas I really couldn't care less about.
Looks very cool. Needs a mini-map though -- I'd get lost pretty quickly.
Not if it's as linear as it looks. But, if you need to practice up on your gaming spatial awareness, go hunt down one of the Descent clones and play it.

P.S. I want manual save AND checkpoints AND timed saves AND quick saves, each of which stores a number of previous versions!

Looks good.

A game like this would pretty much need to have an enjoyable story and also much more than just 20 hours of gameplay through its campaign for me to want it, as that applies to pretty much every game I enjoy.

New game comes out, read comments on here and wonder what world this is where there is such a bizarre bunch of things said. Chien, my god, I never understand you.

Realistically, this will most likely be a great game. I love the look of it, if it plays anything like last of us or uncharted it will be a lot of fun. This isn't an rpg though and probably why many of you don't like it.

I got bored with Jedi Academy or whichever one I played pretty quickly. This look pretty much just like it. The combat was pretty fun, but just running down a hall from one fight to the next got old for me pretty fast.

I got bored with Jedi Academy or whichever one I played pretty quickly. This look pretty much just like it. The combat was pretty fun, but just running down a hall from one fight to the next got old for me pretty fast.
Not for me. I finished Jedi Academy 4 times total (on normal, hard and hardest difficulty).
It was also fun to just go through levels as a Sith and barely use your lightsaber. Just throwing people off catwalks, choking them or using force lightning until they move no more :)

Made for streamer product: the story better be good.
I don't understand what you mean by "streamer product". If anything, multiplayer games are more of streamer products. If you check Twitch, you'll see that most of the top games in there are Fortnite, Apex Legends, etc. Single-player games like this are played by variety streamers which play whatever is new, but by far the most streamers ignore single-player.

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

Yes, the force abilities were good fun. :)

He is a Padawan, grown up in the Clone Wars. He has learned nothing but fighting.

I only hope that this won't be another Force Unleashed thing …

Well, color me skeptical that this will be any good, but I'll keep my eye on it regardless. The vid did look like a linear affair, but if the world exploration is anything like Dark Souls, I'm in.

Now with a trailer

Terrible water effects at the start and they totally failed to play the M.U.L.E. music when Cal got into the AT-AT.

I don't understand what you mean by "streamer product".

Streaming is an activity coming with its own requirements.

Streamers spend 10 hours per day streaming, leaving with little time on the side.
Undedicated streamers are left with demanding products that are straightforward as they have no time to learn how to play. Play as it goes.
As streamers market themselves as proficient players, they often opt for the highest difficulty. Which means that the product must be generic enough for them to succeed without learning much.

Another example: streaming is a social skill based activity. The first job of a streamer is to build a sense of community. No community, no money.
Products must not be engaging so that they do not push themselves between a streamer and his viewers. A streamer must interact with his viewers to spur tipping and subcribing etc

Streamers use video products as a platform to make money, it demands a specific design.
If anything, multiplayer games are more of streamer products. If you check Twitch, you'll see that most of the top games in there are Fortnite, Apex Legends, etc.
No. These games were designed to support a competitive scene, a professional sport scene. Streaming is a by product. They are on the other side of the spectrum: they are made for gamers, they require a high level of skills (the offer is to grow good enough to become a professional player) and require dedication.
Single-player games like this are played by variety streamers which play whatever is new, but by far the most streamers ignore single-player.

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk
New is not enough. Variety streamers can not afford dedication to a product. They do not sell an exhibition of skills as professional esport players do, they make money by building a sense of community which impose a high level of social interaction. They can not be absorbed so products made for them can not be absorbing.

They must be bland, generic, impersonal, non engaging.

Back
Top Bottom