The Outer Worlds - Interview @Wccftech

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Wccftech interviewed the developers of The Outer Worlds where they learned about perma-death.

Okay. So you can even work with some of the corporations in the game?

Yes, you can. We do have different choices that we want to provide in the game, from the highest level down to the smallest. The Board built the system, they went ahead to colonize space. Then they made the Halcyon colony, and, you know, proceeded with terraforming the planets and set up shop. You were actually on one of the original colony ships, but it disappeared mysteriously seventy years ago. This scientist finds you and wakes you up, so you're no longer frozen. He wants you to help him save the system from a problem that I don't want to spoil before you play the game, but you can side with him or side with the board and further their agenda instead. Or you can choose neither of them and kind of go your own path. Beyond that, every time you go to a different region in the game, we have storylines with competing factors there. You can learn the storylines of different towns and different planets. And what or who you want to support or side with there. And then on the smallest level, as you saw in the demo, every time you're doing a quest or talking to different NPCs we want to provide you with choices. How do you want to play through it? Do you want to do stealth? Do you want to do combat, do you want to do dialogue? Are you interested in hacking? Do you want to be a scientist and use science weapons? So we're always trying to allow you the most choices possible to play the game the way you want and role play it as the type of character you want to be. And then tracking all of that and reacting to it and having the world change based on your choices as you go through the game.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

One other point from the wccftech article:

But if you kill someone in town the guards will attack you and the town will go hostile towards you. I would have to double check if we reset it after a certain amount of time.
I hope they don't reset it. At least not just simply based on time. Makes no sense to me. (Unless the protagonist goes into cryogenic deep-sleep, to return decades later. But I doubt that'd be an option in the game. ;))

@vurt; At first, I was considering whether his praise for Boyarski's answers was irony. :biggrin:

@vurt; At first, I was considering whether his praise for Boyarski's answers was irony. :biggrin:

Yeah here he's both ironically overexcited and genuinely overexcited so for a newcomer that could get confusing.

He did an entire episode where he's praising Brie Larson, i bet that episode would confuse the hell out of a newcomer to his channel lol

leftist cucks at PC Gamer
I have a hard time to call PC Gamer leftist.
That site shills for mmos and microtransactions, that'd IMO be extreme right. Then again, extreme right and extreme left is kinda the same shit in different wrapping.

extreme right and extreme left is kinda the same shit in different wrapping.

that i can agree with, though don't tell a leftist or a nazi that, they'll both just start some conspiracy about you being controlled by the "evil jews" ;)

I have a hard time to call PC Gamer leftist.
That site shills for mmos and microtransactions, that'd IMO be extreme right. Then again, extreme right and extreme left is kinda the same shit in different wrapping.
If you try to fit every political stance into a one-dimensional space, you'll always fail.

Back
Top Bottom