GameBanshee + RPGWatch?

I think the best thing about RPGWatch is that it is non-profit and all volunteer work. Wouldn't want that to change just for the sake of completeness.

RPGWatch and GB are damn close in RPG tastes though. But they always have been, and it's always worked out great having similar sites with slightly different angles and priorities. I love me some Watch, I wouldn't like to see it merge with anything, including GB.

As for news: what skaven said, basically. RPGWatch is low down my list, like Blue's News, when I run out of time or can't find anything I check those sites. You can usually tell coz there'll be a series of posts by me crediting either one site. I prefer to get stuff directly, and if you get into the right rhythm of twitter/RSS/news submit/website checks then it's actually not that hard. Provided you have the time. Which I can make for it because I get paid for it. I don't know how you volunteers do it.
(well I do because I do it for NMA to, but the general gist stands)
(a round of applause for our volunteers!)

Hear, hear. I mostly use Game Banshee for their game guides. I use the Watch for my news and for game chatting. Several years ago I used RPGCodex for a little more in-depth indie scene stuff, but then they went all potty-mouth and I left. I didn't mind the occasional foray into immature silliness but it became the prevailing theme.

I avoid gamebanshee because I fear the flashing advertisemts will give me seasures. Othervise its a great site and I use it for the guides too.

I was going to say that I don't see any such ads because of AdBlock, but it is an important point since using AdBlock means essentially not supporting the site, so I like to enable ads for sites I want to support ... but sometimes I just can't! Like GB ...

I hate to drag out a very old thread, but I just got around to installing adblock plus and want to keep supporting RPGWatch, though I'm already a donor. How do I enable RPGWatch ads in adblock plus?

Just tick disable on rpgwatch.com on the dropdown menu next to the ADP's icon. Not sure if it makes a difference however since last I read it's not about views or clicks but whether someone's GOG account was created through that banner.

crpgnut - the thread necromancer :)

Keep them separated.

Back
Top Bottom