So where's this ignore button?

I occasionally eat peanuts and will continue to eat peanuts, but usually the naked ones. With salt.

pibbur who doesn't eat human peanuts. And not peanuts smashed into a yeeechy amorphous dough.

aba52bd769084945f872007a670b6b98.jpg

I can see everything again when I logout and lurk!

If you use Chrome then this (vbulletin super ignore) is a great extension. It hides the placeholder so you never know the person on ignore even posted unless someone quotes them.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...nh?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

I might have to give this a try, thanks :thumbsup: in advance if it works.

I can see everything again when I logout and lurk!
???
Why would you logout?
Isn't it easier to stay logged on and check just new posts (click on "forum" button, then "new posts", then CTRL+click on interesting tiles) then mark everything read?

Would it be quicker to close your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears, and go "LALALALALA"? Accomplishes much the same thing and demonstrates a fairly similar approach…

Would it be quicker to close your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears, and go "LALALALALA"? Accomplishes much the same thing and demonstrates a fairly similar approach…

Also, awesome avatar.

Personally I never ignore anyone, for two reasons:
- If I get heated in a debate, I assume it is a minimum of 49% my own doing.
- If I really have no interest ... I pass over the thread.

Oh ... and no one has ever taken my Darth Tater either ;)

Personally I never ignore anyone, for two reasons:
- If I get heated in a debate, I assume it is a minimum of 49% my own doing.
- If I really have no interest … I pass over the thread.

Oh … and no one has ever taken my Darth *T*ater either ;)

A single "T" saved me from its hatred ;)

As we all know, only his hatred can destroy me!

Click the profile name, then "View Public Profile" and then "User Lists" - then "Add to Ignore List".

Hehe, I have a distinct feeling, that the one about to be ignored, is also the one guiding the ignorer wannabe.

Pibbur who is amused.

Hehe, I have a distinct feeling, that the one about to be ignored, is also the one guiding the ignorer wannabe.

Pibbur who is amused.

I try to help in more ways than one :)

He announced his intentions in another thread. I was actually pleased, as it will save me the trouble of pointing out the flaws in his future arguments.

Also, awesome avatar.
Why thank you. I've got a handful of Muppets avatars that I rotate among. My "main" is Rowlf at a piano, but also I've got a second Rowlf, a couple Animals, a Sam, a Gonzo, a Swedish Chef, a Dr. Teeth, and a couple Crazy Harrys to draw on as the mood suits. I've got no talent for the art, but I've had a few friends over the years kind enough to "clean up" source pictures I track down and make them the correct size.

I try to help in more ways than one :)

He announced his intentions in another thread. I was actually pleased, as it will save me the trouble of pointing out the flaws in his future arguments.

Except it doesn't stop you from seeing his posts. It only stops him from seeing yours.

You will still point out perceived flaws tho someone will need to quote you for him to see them.

I love the ignore function tho it does get awfully quiet from time to time. I kid, I only have the radical political people who don't even play rpgs on ignore. I also have signatures turned off. Makes everything on the forum much cleaner.

Last edited:
Except it doesn't stop you from seeing his posts. It only stops him from seeing yours.

You will still point of perceived flaws tho someone will need to quote you for him to see them.

I will not point out flaws hoping to be quoted, no. I might point them out for others to see, but in that case I won't feel compelled to have pointless back-and-forths with him.

Thanks for sharing your own personal expertise ;)

???
Why would you logout?
Isn't it easier to stay logged on and check just new posts (click on "forum" button, then "new posts", then CTRL+click on interesting tiles) then mark everything read?

An interesting proposition. I shall test it one day when I completely run out of things to do, that day when even my entire collection of redundant DVDs has been polished of fingerprints.

You surprised me.
I thought you'll say:
But I can't do that on my (bloody) phone!!!

:D

My phone? Lol, I use my phone for telepohone conversations and some texting and the occasional desperate google search for walkthroughs. I'm hoping I die before I'm forced to manage my entire life and experience all forms of media on a 7cm by 5cm screen. I mean, jeez, I grew up in an era where having a big screen was the only point of new technology...

Back
Top Bottom