First Christmas...

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
This is the first Christmas season in my 37 years as a gamer where there is literally not a single game I'm going to buy being released during the holidays. Is it just me? Granted... I'm primarily a cRPG gamer which narrows down the choices. But I just realized today that it's nearly December and there isn't a single game I want to rush out and buy this holiday season. Please, somebody tell me I'm not alone, talk me off the ledge...

I might buy Tyranny, but other than that, there's no Christmas releases i'm looking forward to.

I've played 3 Fallout-4 characters in a row because there is nothing interesting that is new this season.

When is Kingdom Come: Deliverance? Oh, 2017. Same with Torment. And Divinity: OS2. And ELEX. Even Battletech...

Wow, I really need to get my backlog cleared. Maybe it's a good thing if Star Citizen and Cyberpunk wait for 2018.

Wow, I really need to get my backlog cleared. Maybe it's a good thing if Star Citizen and Cyberpunk wait for 2018.

In the same boat... though sad nothing striking out there to grab this Christmas that isn't to say that I don't have a nice backlog to keep me busy! Just weird that not a single game in any category really that I really want to grab. The only thing of very mild interest is Forza Horizon 3 as I do have a small interest in free roaming racing games.

If you're talking about RPGs, then yeah, there's nothing really exciting that I can think of for this holiday season. There are some games in other genres though that I'm definitely interested in. For example, I think Space Hulk: Deathwing looks really good.

Yeah, I'm with you on this.

I found a couple of interesting mods though?

Keep on the Borderlands for Temple of Elemental Evil.
This is about as close as you can get to a new Troika made(minus the bugs) D&D game. 3.5 rules, based of a classic Gygax module from the late 70s

Horn of the Abyss for Heroes of Might and Magic III
Adds a new pirate faction to play as along with a new SP campaign and some other stuff like extra buildings to the random map generation

Plenty of exciting RPGs for me, but I already have 100-200 RPGs in my backlog between Steam, GOG, etc. I didn't really need to buy anything for myself at this point and I usually don't play games on release anyway.

I did load up Skyrim Special Edition to check it out. Probably going to mod it a bit and toy with it for awhile. :)

No new PC game for me unless I get a new PC. My machine can run games from 2011/12, but that's pretty much it. But at least the 'new' games will be all patched and come with all the addons when I'll finally get a new machine.

I might get some new fighting game for the PS4, however.

I think Space Hulk: Deathwing looks really good.

Keep on the Borderlands for Temple of Elemental Evil.
Horn of the Abyss for Heroes of Might and Magic III

I will have to check those all out...

Plenty of exciting RPGs for me, but I already have 100-200 RPGs in my backlog between Steam, GOG, etc. I didn't really need to buy anything for myself at this point and I usually don't play games on release anyway.

As many as 200 games in your backlog? You're going to need 9 lives. I thought I was bad with about a dozen or so in my "backlog."

There's plenty to keep me busy. Just noteworthy that really for the first time in my purchasing life, there's really no game in particular I'm wanting for the holidays.

As many as 200 games in your backlog? You're going to need 9 lives. I thought I was bad with about a dozen or so in my "backlog."

There's plenty to keep me busy. Just noteworthy that really for the first time in my purchasing life, there's really no game in particular I'm wanting for the holidays.

I didn't add them up, but I have a bunch of games on Steam and GOG. At least 100 I haven't played yet. Mostly RPGs. A lot of them are old or ancient. But it really doesn't make sense to buy a bunch of new games in a sale unless it's something I *really* want to play ASAP (which, is like, no game right now), since I have so many old games to play...

Even when D:OS 2 drops I probably won't get it at first, since my old man and I still have to co-op through BG:EE, Siege of Dragonspear and then BG2:EE. So yeah, needing 9 lives to get through em all might be an understatement even. :)

I had that problem last year, I ended up buying JRPGs on Black Friday/Steam Winter sale to play, lol. Basically, I branched out.

Right now, I'm done with my yearly purchase again, but I got some games in the Black Friday sale and already started Stardew Valley and Invisible Inc. Once I get bored of them, I'm stuck with playing my go-to MMOs for dull time (GW2, SWTOR, TESO or The Secret World) or trying to find something interesting in my (un)played backlog. They are unplayed because I usually get those games in bundles and I'm not that interested in them or they are games I played a bit but dropped to play more interesting stuff. I tend to replay older games I like more than reduce my backlog too.

The scary part, next year the only game I'm interested in is MEA which seems to target release in late March (but I might wait, I haven't bought a single ME game on release day). I got a bunch of KS that "should" release in 2017 though.

I had that problem last year, I ended up buying JRPGs on Black Friday/Steam Winter sale to play, lol. Basically, I branched out.

Right now, I'm done with my yearly purchase again, but I got some games in the Black Friday sale and already started Stardew Valley and Invisible Inc. Once I get bored of them, I'm stuck with playing my go-to MMOs for dull time (GW2, SWTOR, TESO or The Secret World) or trying to find something interesting in my (un)played backlog. They are unplayed because I usually get those games in bundles and I'm not that interested in them or they are games I played a bit but dropped to play more interesting stuff. I tend to replay older games I like more than reduce my backlog too.

The scary part, next year the only game I'm interested in is MEA which seems to target release in late March (but I might wait, I haven't bought a single ME game on release day). I got a bunch of KS that "should" release in 2017 though.

Wow, it does look like you have a lot of time. 4 MMO:s ontop of so many single-player games.

Wow, it does look like you have a lot of time. 4 MMO:s ontop of so many single-player games.

Not enough to do all of that at the same time. I play MMOs in-between the single player game. For example, I was paying GW2 for 1.5 months before DX:MD released. Once I was done with DX:MD I had like one month until Dishonored 2 so I played some SWTOR (because I got my fill of GW2 for the year).

Now Dishonored 2 (and Tyranny) are already done. If I haven't bought games from the Black Friday sales, I would have returned to SWTOR until bored and maybe finally tackle TESO One Tamriel (I reinstalled the game just to try that and I haven't yet, lol). TSW is still installed but I haven't touched it since last Spring.

@azarhal
How do you like Tyranny... looks interesting maybe.

Also, anybody here try Ark:Survival Evolved? I've always wondered about that one.

@azarhal
How do you like Tyranny… looks interesting maybe.

As a whole I preferred PoE personally, it just feel more complete (hard to describe the feeling I have here) especially with the xpac. Saying that, Tyranny has a lot of improvements. Combat is improved (or at least feels improved, there is still some issues visible), the spellcasting system is nice, the conquest stuff is cool and I really liked my monk/mage build (he looked awesome). Lots of replay values, although the plot should probably stay quite similar, just how it plays out.

The problem is more with how it felt contrived in some places because some dialogues suggest you have other options to resolve a quest but turns out that they don't exist because of your faction choices.

I loved the (my) ending though, aka Act 3, despite how short it was (that's what happens when dialogues solve everything).

Back
Top Bottom