Valve Hacker Caught by Dutch Police

Ubbax

Watchdog
The fact that Valve was hacked last year is probably not big news but the current admission to what exactly was stolen might be. He's also kept busy hacking into Activision and a Ticketing website as well. What's more amazing is how much this guy has managed to spend before being caught over the last year. Here's a snip from the article;
Valve Hacker Caught by Dutch Police
A man who hacked into a third party Valve file server and stole the credit card numbers of Steam Cyber Cafe users was caught by police in the Dutch town of Maastricht this Tuesday.

According to the Dutch Ministry of the Interior, the 20 year old hacker had managed to "burn 13 million Euros playing poker online and shopping for notebooks, flat screens and MP3 players" before being caught.

Ubbax
Trust is good. Control is better. -Feliks Dzerzhinski, founder of the Soviet secret police

Another reason not to buy games online! I guess this will increase peoples pirating!

Yes, it was in the press here yesterday or the day before.

yearly, i report all my CC's lost and get new ones just to break any chains in stores or online. Helps prevent me from falling prey to this kinda stuff, you never know who is going to get ahold of it. Giving a waitress in a restaurant your credit card exposes you to fraud, using it online even moreso.

Break the chain once a year, report them lost and get new ones!

Back
Top Bottom