What games are you playing now?

Re BG1 I'm the same. Have a wedu (or whatever it's called) play through of the original up to the city and an EE play through up to just after clearing the mines. Being who I am I feel compelled to complete BG1 before undertaking 2.

Weidu :) I couldn't play BG1 without a mod (played with Tutu installed). Personally, I didn't find BG1 fun at all but absolutely loved BG2. I actually much preferred IWD over BG1 but hated IWD2.

I can't fathom how anyone could prefer Icewind Dale over Baldur's Gate, but to each his own as that one dude used to say. ;)

I'm still playing around with some Wii and Wii U games on the Dolphin and Cemu emulators. I finished The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, and I was thinking of playing TLoZ: Skyward Sword next. Also messing around with Metroid Prime: Trilogy.

I'm also considering a replay of Vampire: TM-B. It's been a good 6-7 years since I've played that one, and all the talk about Vampyr has me wanting to feed. :)

Okay, finished Detroit. Not as bad as Beyond, phew! In fact, there are certain moments that are genuinely fun.

Now playing SMT: Strange Journey Redux. After 5 hours, I find it totally addictive.

Also messing around with Metroid Prime: Trilogy.

The first one is strongly recommended. If it counts for anything, Metroid Prime is one of my Top 5 Games Ever.
The other games in the series are also very good, but the first one is leagues better.
(Warning: to play MP 3, you'll NEED a wii remote for Dolphin, the game is absolutely unplayable with a gamepad)

The first one is strongly recommended. If it counts for anything, Metroid Prime is one of my Top 5 Games Ever.
The other games in the series are also very good, but the first one is leagues better.
(Warning: to play MP 3, you'll NEED a wii remote for Dolphin, the game is absolutely unplayable with a gamepad)

I played through MP 1&2 when they were originally released for the Gamecube. I remember liking the first game a lot more. I've yet to get very far in MP 3. To be honest though, the Dolphin emulation for those games is still a little glitchy.

I actually have them configured to play with KB+M on Dolphin, but I might end up playing them with a Wiimote anyways. I'm waiting on a USB sensor bar I ordered for my PC so I can play TLoZ: Skyward Sword.

Detroit is a game? I thought it was a city or a joke.

Duerer meant Detroit: Become Human, a PS4 game by Quantic Dreams.

Hey @duerer;, I played the demo only, that scene where the android threats to throw the girl off the building roof. How is the full game?

Duerer meant Detroit: Become Human, a PS4 game by Quantic Dreams.

Hey @duerer;, I played the demo only, that scene where the android threats to throw the girl off the building roof. How is the full game?
Any idea if it's coming on PC?

Looks like Ps4 only...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Well, pretty much the same. Connor, the hero of the 1st scene is not a good character (his story pretty much contradicts what the game wants to tell), thus the other two characters are somewhat more bearable (a domestic android with a soft heart, an intellectual android torn between being badass or not)

Compared to the earlier Quantic Dreams efforts, the game is still full of cheesy dialog, but the hypersuperduper graphics and its more reliable story elevates beyond the earlier stuff.

Also, the game has three gimmicks that totally got me:
- The flowchart. You can review your decisions.
- The highlight system. You can easily see the interactive spots in the surrounding area.
- The Analyze/Reconstruction system. Kinda like a hightech CSI cum Batman (the game) crossover.
None of these are essential, but fun nevertheless.

Aside from that, this is a quintessential David Cage game: beautiful, shallow, and needlessly complicated for what it is.
For some reason, I like it (having played lots of truly awful FMV games in the 90's surely helped me accepting this kind of experience!)

Any idea if it's coming on PC?
Looks like Ps4 only…
Sorry, this is a PS4 exclusive game. Sony paid TONS of money for this project to happen.

I tried playing Gorgon maybe a year ago or so, it really didn't capture me at all. On top of that, connectivity seemed to be a real issue, so after a few days I just left it alone. I know two others that also gave it a shot and quit for similar reasons.

I played through MP 1&2 when they were originally released for the Gamecube. I remember liking the first game a lot more. I've yet to get very far in MP 3. To be honest though, the Dolphin emulation for those games is still a little glitchy.

I actually have them configured to play with KB+M on Dolphin, but I might end up playing them with a Wiimote anyways. I'm waiting on a USB sensor bar I ordered for my PC so I can play TLoZ: Skyward Sword.
Speaking of emulation, currently going through a run of Xenosaga in PCSX2. I played the originals wow some 18 or so years ago so other than remembering some of the characters I've already forgotten everything about it so it's like a fresh run. It's fun, and it's amazing how emulation can improve the original graphics so well with upscaling, very noticeable when a cutscene switches from in-game rendering to cinematics that show how the characters looked without the upscaling, so much jaggedness!

Last edited:
Just finished Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings on the Gamecube. Enjoyed it for the most part but combos got tediously slow to dish out late in the game. Looking for a JRPG that's a little more fast paced now.

I tried playing Gorgon maybe a year ago or so, it really didn't capture me at all. On top of that, connectivity seemed to be a real issue, so after a few days I just left it alone. I know two others that also gave it a shot and quit for similar reasons.

I can't say how much it's "capturing" me but I have over a hundred hours played with it, which I consider good value for the money. It just came out on Steam early access about a month or two ago; I will say that I haven't really had any connectivity issues at all. The game runs fairly smoothly with a bit of graphics tweaking during the highest peak times in the busiest area, mainly Serbule town which is something of the "capital city" - the community is mostly pretty fun but there are a lot of alpha and pre-alpha types around that seem to care about more content heaped on top of more content as opposed to fixing old bugs or optimizing the game more, but overall I'm really impressed with what a husband-and-wife team were able to get put out onto Steam early access regardless.

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
I'm playing a mod for 7 Days to Die called War of the Walkers. It changes the building layouts, which is great after you've seen the same 75 buildings 400 times. It keeps those and adds a couple hundred more. It also adds training magazines that boost one of the 100+ skills a single point each time you read one.

It's a memory hog when it launches; I've seen my ram climb up to 13 gigs while building the world, but it runs at around 4 gigs of memory most of the time. This is probably not the mod for someone with 4-8 gigs of ram. It works fine on my 16 gigs though.

7 days is great if you like LOOTING crafting, building and slaying zombies. It is also quite mod-able and there are several dozen mods out already. However, it has been in Early Access mode for 5 years. The devs are active but they do big a couple builds a year versus lots of little updates.

I know @JDR13; and @HiddenX; own this, but I'm not sure if it ever got any play time for either. I seem to think JDR wasn't that impressed, but I love this game. 500 hours already, and I see another couple hundred coming up. This is entering TES territory :D

Picked up my 2 year old PoE playthrough again. I got bored around the Dyrford last time, mostly because combat is such a chaotic mess. Also, this game just has too many modifiers and too many classes (at least 4 too many), and too few companions (where the hell is my rogue?). And on top of that, the classes are too balanced which simply makes them boring and bland.

But, I did enjoy diving back in. I like the atmosphere and the visuals, it feels like an upgraded BG. Hopefully I can stick with it to the end now.

By the way, if you own any of the Sega games via Steam, many of them were updated recently, and more refinements are coming. The only downside is you'll lose any old saves, but the improvements are totally worth it. I found this out when I checked out a couple of older games this week, after a mate informed me of the updates.

Back
Top Bottom