Star Citizen - Crytek Loses Lawsuit

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@YouTuber Law Crytek has lost its lawsuit against Star Citizen.

Crytek Loses. Star Citizen Wins.

In the long running lawsuit between Crytek and CIG, we finally have a resolution. Crytek's lawsuit has been dismissed by the court. Yes. It's true. Crytek can go back and amend (for the third time) the complaint, but for all purposes, this lawsuit is done. Everything has been dismissed. Let's talk.
More information.

Yep its comparable to Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues in how they manage to make millions every year off an unreleased game with microtransactions.

Wonder if it will end up in history as the most expansive game ever made?o_O

Last edited:
Year X: All Computers and humans become one single being of pure energy. Star Citizen still in development for PC.

Encyclopedia entry, Stardate 4542: "...widely considered the greatest vaporware scam in computer gaming history, as late as 2019, many still believed the project existed and that a finished product would be released..."

I am so confused; i see lots of posts but nothing about the lawsuit 'cept by rjsahe….
Because most of us don't care we rather belittle this game instead.

Join us its fun.:lol:

I will never understand why they did not first release Squadron 42 and then built the MMO…

Because single player is an afterthought they used to help sell the Kickstarter.

Because single player is an afterthought they used to help sell the Kickstarter.

Iirc, they used the single player in the KS and said the MMO would be an extension if successful. I believe a successful single player would have hauled them in much more money for the MMO than it already has now.

What I'm suggesting is single player was emphasized during the Kickstarter beyond their intentions, or at least their real interests. I don't think single player was ever very close to their hearts. It was the common wisdom back during this Kickstarter that you had to have single player if you wanted to be hit your goal.

YES, I'm all in for the single player, but honestly, I can't really blame'em for focusing on MMO - this is where the big buck is (theoretically).

Problem is, every third game developer thought the same way in the 2000s after Everquest ... and look how many devs have succeeded.
Maybe Mr Roberts has the same timelapse in thinking as Mr Garriott?

"Everything has been dismissed. Let's talk."
- WHERE IS THE GAME??!

Oh, wait, they switched from good looking old-style color rendering to Ugly New PBR rendering turning the visuals into a BIG PILE OF SHT!! So I'm NOT awaiting this "game", more I am declaring this mess AvoidWare!

So did crytek get any money at all or were they totally cut out?

The judge dismissed it before it really started, so 0$ for Crytek and their super expensive layer firm.

Back
Top Bottom