Witcher 3 More Witcher 3 Details

The Witcher 3
The reality might be that this turns out to be a great RPG. Time will tell…
Ah reality is a double edge sword isn't? I accept it might be a disappointment and you always go on how it Will be the best rpg. But yes time will tell won't it can't wait for either a disappointment or a good game.

Ah reality is a double edge sword isn't? I accept it might be a disappointment and you always go on how it Will be the best rpg. But yes time will tell won't it can't wait for either a disappointment or a good game.

Actually, the only one "going on" around here is you, as you've made it a point to declare this game is going to be a failure in every related thread.

You can choose to be a optimist or a pessimist.

Or instead of siding with either ends of that spectrum, you can choose to be a realist.

Realistically speaking then based on CD Projekt's track record, staff talent and attention to the fan feedback and the community, it seems the odds are in their favor of delivering one helluva RPG.

Sorry for double post, but more on the "staff talent" I mentioned.

I found this list of foregin developers working with CDProjekt off a NeoGAF post

Bill Daly - ex BioWare, Sony, Disney employee - Lead Character Artist
Gene Rozenberg - ex 38 Studios (KoA) - Audio Lead at CD Projekt
Marwin So - ex Spicy Horse (Alice: Madness Returns, American McGee's Grimm) and Enlight Software (Capitalism, Seven Kingdoms) employee - gameplay designer.
Simon V. Besombes - ex. Climax, Codemasters employee - 3d Artist
Patrick K. Mills - ex. Obsidian employee - Quest designer on Cyberpunk 2077
Lucie Schaar - ex. Climax employee - 3D Animator
Chris Hardwick - ex. Codemasters, EA, Starbreeze Studios employee - Senior Engine Programmer
Daniel Neve - ex. Crytek employee - Programmer
Balázs Török - ex. Eidos employee - Senior Engine Programmer
Eduard El-mestre López Plans - ex. Ubisoft employee - Gameplay Programmer
Kyle Brennan - ex. Bioware employee - Junior Gameplay Designer on Cyberpunk 2077
Ryan Pergent - ex. Ubisoft employee - Gameplay designer on Cyberpunk 2077
Damien Monnier - ex. Sony, Team17 employee - Gameplay Designer
Ovidiu Voica - ex. Ubisoft employee - Senior Character Artist
Tracy M. Williams - ex. THQ, Warner Bros. employee - Head of Marketing & PR, Americas
Jonas Mattsson - ex. Rare employee - Level Artist

It's a veritable developer-smörgåsbord of heavy hitters!

You can choose to be a optimist or a pessimist.

Or instead of siding with either ends of that spectrum, you can choose to be a realist.

Realistically speaking then based on CD Projekt's track record, staff talent and attention to the fan feedback and the community, it seems the odds are in their favor of delivering one helluva RPG.

Good points but sorry I'm a pessimist. I was excited till more details came out that make me doubt the game. Some ideas I love others have me going WTF.

Last edited:
Good points but sorry I'm a pessimist. I was excited till more details came out that make me doubt the game. Some ideas I love others have me going WTF.

I sincerely hope that you will be pleased with the final game then. As do I for everyone :)

Well, since Geralt is still the protagonist and plastic surgery or cough drops are never mentioned in the Witcher universe I would say yes.

I'd rather have a ugly grumpy dude than an androgynous preteen (JRPG) or a brawny mouth-breathing knuckle dragger (every space marine character ever)

I will rather take more seriously an wolf that fought and have scars to remind him of his failures rather then a pretty barbie boy that can be seen right now in Latest and Greatest Mods thread. As for the vision it seem ambitious, I hope at least they can manage something.

While I generally prefer to make my own characters, as far as fixed characters go, I always thought Geralt was a great one. He's a real character, not just some stereotype.

Wasn't that something that Witcher 2 also did? My memory is kinda weak now but I'm sure I've seen this before.

IIRC both of the earlier games scaled down monster XP rewards as you levelled up, similar to 3rd edition ADD. I remember grinding Wyverns in the Witcher 1 (500 xp apiece when you first come across them) and some undead cave in the Witcher 2 until the cows came home...

IIRC both of the earlier games scaled down monster XP rewards as you levelled up, similar to 3rd edition ADD. I remember grinding Wyverns in the Witcher 1 (500 xp apiece when you first come across them) and some undead cave in the Witcher 2 until the cows came home…
Yeah now that you mention wyverns I think I also remember that although in TW1's case I have the impression it was tied to your level rather than the number of critters you killed.

I like Geralt as a hero. I'm rather tired of the whole 16-year old who manages to save the world with a skill set that would take him a century to build up. Don't get me wrong - the world has seen plenty of talented 16-year olds (scientists who start young etc), but there are limits, so when a farmboy sets off and pummels experienced fighters right off the bat the whole thing just ends up annoying me.

Back
Top Bottom