The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos - Announced for 2021 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos - Announced for 2021

Default The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos - Announced for 2021

December 3rd, 2020, 20:49
The total conversion mod The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos for Gothic II: Gold Edition will be released in 2021:

The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos is a free, total conversion mod for Gothic II: Gold Edition. It features a completely new open world, improved skills systems, gameplay mechanics and complex story.

Main goal of this project is to honour one the best classic cRPG and take the die-hard fans of the original Gothic trilogy as well as new players on one more adventure in the Kingdom of Myrtana.

loading…

FEATURES

• Professional voice acting
  • Fully adhering to the lore of Gothic series
  • 40+ hours of expected playtime
  • Complex main plot with many twists and secrets to discover
  • Over 150 quests with multiple ways to complete them
  • Multidimensional characters with credible backstories and personal goals
  • Breathtaking soundtrack composed solely for the purpose of the mod
  • About 200 random events that the main character may encounter
  • New crafting system with activities, such as alchemy, cooking and magic scrolls writing
  • Rebalanced economy and items stats considering 20 years of Gothic players feedback
  • Expanded travel system with option to choose between magic teleports, boats and mercenary caravans
  • More than 100 new armors and weapons with unique visuals
WORLD
Venture to the Archolos, a huge island east to the Myrtana mainland and explore never seen before region filled with vineyards, farms and villages mentioned in the first Gothic game.

Visit the great city of Archolos and lost yourself in cobbled streets of the biggest city ever presented in the whole Gothic trilogy.

On the Archolos island you will have the opportunity to delve into the deepest of mines, visit the tranquil Monastery of Adanos, sip a beer while listening to gossip in one of the city taverns, and discover other interesting locations whose secrets will be revealed only to the boldest of adventurers…

STORY
Kingdom of Myrtana, a country whose foundations crumble under the winds of war and unrest raging throughout its lands. Experience the events that forged the original Gothic storyline and see with your own eyes how the creation of the Valley of Mines impacted people far away from the main continent.

Make your mark in a brutal world where your every decision has a clear impact on its environment and the lives of those you meet on your path.

Play as Marvin, a young man who was driven away from his home by the war looming over the horizon. The reality of the Archolos, a place he runs to, unfortunately proves to be far from his expectations. Rich merchants craving only for more gold, servants of the king Rhobar II who put into practice every new and more restrictive laws and waves of desperate refugees who just like the protagonist search for a decent life. Marvin will have to find a way to survive in this land of treachery, opportunism and opposing interests.

You are not the chosen hero, you are not a villain. You are a survivor.

Will you take everything you want by the force? Or will you try to help others in need?

In The Chronicles of Myrtana you decide your own fate.
Thanks Porcozaur!

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2020, 20:55
real trailer starts at 2:14
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2020, 23:01
This might make me replay that outdated blocky abomination.
--
In the words of George Carlin -"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2020, 23:12
Worst engine they chose in the Gothic series.
--
SSI Gold Box-style game, we are working on.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2020, 23:46
I wonder if it'll have English subtitles at release.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)

December 4th, 2020, 01:12
On one of their updates on ModDB someone asked the same, and they confirmed. Not clear though if they mean just subtitles or also voice-overs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moddb-q.jpg (26.2 KB, 60 views)
--
Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

December 4th, 2020, 01:14
Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
On one of their updates on ModDB someone asked the same, and they confirmed. Not clear though if they mean just subtitles or also voice-overs.
Thanks for the update. I hope it's not like the Nehrim mod for Oblivion.
--
In the words of George Carlin -"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

December 4th, 2020, 01:24
Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
Thanks. I'm pretty sure that just applies to subtitles. I'd be shocked if this had full voice-overs in both Russian and English.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

December 4th, 2020, 04:26
Well if you check Steam the only official audio is Polish. I'll pass.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

December 4th, 2020, 09:24
Back in the day I played Gothic 2: Night of the raven in german with subtitles in english that a fan created as there was no localised version of NotR. It was great, I prefer to read rather than listen as often characters just speak too slowly. It's very rare with voice acting I actually want to listen to it.
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

December 4th, 2020, 09:33
If they allow you turn off the Polish voices then maybe. I just can't get into any game if it doesn't have English audio anymore. That's just me though many don't care.

I remember playing Nehrim and Divinity II in German.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

December 4th, 2020, 09:38
Originally Posted by bjon045 View Post
Back in the day I played Gothic 2: Night of the raven in german with subtitles in english that a fan created as there was no localised version of NotR. It was great, I prefer to read rather than listen as often characters just speak too slowly. It's very rare with voice acting I actually want to listen to it.
I remember that. I had to import a copy and do the same thing. In fact, I don't think they ever did release NotR as a separate expansion in NA. Iirc, it wasn't available in English until Gothic 2 Gold was released.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

December 4th, 2020, 22:31
One of my favorite games. I tried it a while ago and it felt so outdated that I could not get through it.

Give us a real Gothic 4!

Giovanni1983

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

December 4th, 2020, 23:51
Originally Posted by Giovanni1983 View Post
One of my favorite games. I tried it a while ago and it felt so outdated that I could not get through it.

Give us a real Gothic 4!
I agree but careful what you wish for. On the bright side PB is owned by THQ Nordic, and they also opened a Spanish developer for Gothic. So its a possibility after the remakes.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

December 5th, 2020, 12:44
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I agree but careful what you wish for. On the bright side PB is owned by THQ Nordic, and they also opened a Spanish developer for Gothic. So its a possibility after the remakes.
I know what you mean, I had to think about it a lot before I said it out-loud. Hopefully it will happen and be faithful to the originals

Giovanni1983

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos - Announced for 2021