Demonicon - GamesCom 2013 Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Kalypso Media has released a new three minute GamesCom trailer for Demonicon.

The Dark Eye - Demonicon is a thrilling action-RPG set in the extraordinarily popular universe of "The Dark Eye", a richly crafted fantasy world beloved by fantasy gamers throughout the world.

The Dark Eye - Demonicon tells the tragic story of a brother and sister who become pawns of sinister forces in a world of cruelty and depravity. In this bleak yet magical world, their affection is both a blessing and a curse. Both are constantly threatened by mortal danger and demonic temptation, and must find a way through their tortured lives by facing serious moral decisions. Their common destiny will determine that of the entire continent, and will be decided by the choices they make. Hordes of fiends block their way to freedom and peace, and only through battle and magic they will truly become free of the darkness.

• A third-person action-RPG featuring brutal melee attack combos and dazzling magic spells
• Powerful storytelling with an elaborate narrative rich with twists, as well as believable conflicts and ethical decision-making opportunities
• Action-packed battles, where pin-point timing and clever tactics play important roles
• Unique magic system: a dark talent grants the player devastating mystical powers
• State-of-the-art 3D visuals using the powerful "Vision" engine
The game will be released October 2013 on the PC , and has a 2014 release for consoles.

More information.

Last edited:
I'm a sucker for DSA games. I still play Riva on occasion. I've been following Demonicon for a couple of years now but I've been getting skittish. Seems very clunky, combat-wise. Like a poor man's Two Worlds.

I'll probably still get it, hoping for a Forgrimm cameo.

I have to say the trailer looks pretty dodgy but previous screenshots implied good scope and variety in the environments. Hopefully it's a worthwhile adventure even if I too would prefer a party based game like the (pre-Online) Drakensang titles.

I would like another Dark Eye universe game. And it would be called something like Drakensang- The Rise, or something.
This Demonicon is somewhat laughable and terrible. Only looks decent.
Not sure if I want to play it.

I definetly want to play it. Hopefully the story will be good.

True, but why mention it when unstoppable respawns in a TDE game would be... After Drakensang... At least unexpected.

No party? Meh.. This team should have remade Blade of Destiny, because technically Demonicon looks decent and refined enough to offer nice visuals for isometric view.

It's set in an completely different part of Aventuria, remember that. In that part, unholy and uncivilized forces rule.

Looks ok, standard 3rd person hacknslash.

I'll probably give it a try.

Any of the Gothics (real ones 1-3) look like hack n' slash games on youtube, but they are much deeper than that.

I think that we need more details on this game: how open is the world, is it linear, world and npc interactivity, crafting, exploration, choices and consequences .. etc.

Any of the Gothics (real ones 1-3) look like hack n' slash games on youtube, but they are much deeper than that.

Which tells us a lot about those video makers :

- They probably loved the hack & slay part
- They were not showing the "much more than that" part because they didn't like it or didn't want to spoil anyone of the story.

But anyway - it also shows how great the popularity of hack & slay in general has become that the focus lies only on that part.

Story ? Who needs a story if there can be loot ?
( -> Loot has replace Story as the game-defining element.)

Back
Top Bottom