Skyrim Skyrim - 300+ hours of content?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Hey, I've spent some time picking flowers, nothing wrong with that. In fact, it's fun to just wander an area and pick some ingredients. That is also considered content. And rearranging your house isn't bad either, however, the system for placing down items in Skyrim does suck, and makes it impossible to line things up like you would want. If it were an easier system to use I would definitely decorate my house. Those are aspects of TES games that are fun to me.

You guys are still arguing about this?

It's going to be a completely different experience depending on the habits and play-style of each individual.

In other words, it's no different than the previous TES games in that aspect. You can't place a general "length" on the game. It's going to be different for everyone.

Not sure if you play on Easy mode and use fast travel a lot, but playing on Master difficulty and only using fast travel once in a while, I racked up 220 hours so far and I have only completed about 70% of the thieves guild questline, the first civil war quest (initiation to Imperial legion), two Daedric quests and the main quest up to the point where you go to the Thalmor Embassy.

I have not completed any of the Companions, Dark Brotherhood, College of Winterhold, hell I haven't even visited the city of Dawnstar yet.

I'm pretty sure the Dwemer dungeon that includes Blackreach is probably at least 20-30 hours of content, probably more content in that one single dungeon than most RPGs released in the past several years.

I have a habit of exploring everything along the way to a quest destination. I've barely started the thieves guild because it required me to go to Solitude. Along the way I did the quests in Morthal, got distracted while doing the town quests and explored Dawnstar. Doing the quests their I gained enough illusion skills to qualify for expert level spells. So I had to join the mage guild to get invisibility. That led me to Winterhold and doing its quests. I still haven't made it to Solitude and am level 44 now. :p

I'm pretty sure the Dwemer dungeon that includes Blackreach is probably at least 20-30 hours of content,
It most definitely is not, at least that is.
The Dwemer ruin took me about an hour to get through and Blackreach took 3 hours max. And I did explore everything (collected about 35 of those special nirnroots in there).
Its wow factor and great sightseeings aside, personally I´ve found the area rather woefully underutilized story/quest content-wise, it would be a good candidate for some more content added via DLC/expansion I think.

It most definitely is not, at least that is.
The Dwemer ruin took me about an hour to get through and Blackreach took 3 hours max. And I did explore everything (collected about 35 of those special nirnroots in there).
Its wow factor and great sightseeings aside, personally I´ve found the area rather woefully underutilized story/quest content-wise, it would be a good candidate for some more content added via DLC/expansion I think.

I watched a live stream of someone playing this area over the course of two days. He spent about 12-13 hours in there without doing any kind of exploration at all, just proceeding in a linear fashion.

I've played Skyrim about 220 hours so far and still haven't even found Blackreach yet.

LOL Blackreach is super quick, for as vast as the zone is, it's very sparsely populated tbh. I'd love to see a mod at some point that just fills that zone to the brim with angry angry lethal mobs! I was through it in 3 hrs or less, and that was with picking every lock and looting every herb I saw in the joint.

-Carn

You guys are still arguing about this?

It's going to be a completely different experience depending on the habits and play-style of each individual.

In other words, it's no different than the previous TES games in that aspect. You can't place a general "length" on the game. It's going to be different for everyone.

Amen to that!

Back
Top Bottom