--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

March 5th, 2020, 13:22
My proxy says "suspicious, potential malware site" and doesn't let me in.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)

March 5th, 2020, 14:38
2025 release? Are you kidding me Todd?

Tihskael

Watcher

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

March 5th, 2020, 15:46
Probably because they are doing Garfield first. Err… Seinfeld. No, Starfield. Yes.

Cacheperl

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

March 5th, 2020, 16:02
Correct. Even though there is almost no buzz on Starfield, Bethesda, in their infinite stupidity is trying to show us what we want (Fallout 76/Starfield) rather than listen to their market research/word of mouth. I almost hope that Starfield tanks bad, so that they finally come to their senses, fire all of the leadership, and get back to their roots.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Skyrim Worshipper
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)

March 5th, 2020, 16:38
That's a bit drastic LOL
They did listen to research, made Fallout Shelter and TES:Blades and made billions with those two things.
FO76 is now a pop culture and meme thing (any announced or speculated mmo gets 76 as suffix) so it's not all bad.
ESO failed to be WoW killer though. Well, they can always try with another title.
Most if not all of singleplayer games they made (or published) sold well. With or without Gamebryo.

From the business perspective I don't see any reason to change much of their company philosophy.
Sure, it's a sad thing every couple of months we're reminded Dragon Age 4 is being developed and not a single word about TES7, but that's not a reason to sack leadership.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

March 5th, 2020, 16:49
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Correct. Even though there is almost no buzz on Starfield, Bethesda, in their infinite stupidity is trying to show us what we want (Fallout 76/Starfield) rather than listen to their market research/word of mouth. I almost hope that Starfield tanks bad, so that they finally come to their senses, fire all of the leadership, and get back to their roots.
I won't (surprise, surprise) go as far as you in critising Big B, but I do think it's weird that they haven't continued what I consider their main product line already. Maybe it is TES Online that prevents them. I have until now refused to believe that, but now…

BTW. I do believe that TES6 will be postponed to Q2 2026.

PS. Just learened that "critisising" should be spelt "criticising" or "criticizing". Hmm. I'M CONFUZED. DS.

a pibbur who when it comes to it, actually has problems critisising anything. Yet another character fault.
--
Over the mountain watching the watcher
Last edited by a pibbur; March 5th, 2020 at 18:24.

a pibbur

Feeling … lonely?

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

March 5th, 2020, 17:12
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
That's a bit drastic LOL
They did listen to research, made Fallout Shelter and TES:Blades and made billions with those two things.
FO76 is now a pop culture and meme thing (any announced or speculated mmo gets 76 as suffix) so it's not all bad.
ESO failed to be WoW killer though. Well, they can always try with another title.
Most if not all of singleplayer games they made (or published) sold well. With or without Gamebryo.

From the business perspective I don't see any reason to change much of their company philosophy.
Sure, it's a sad thing every couple of months we're reminded Dragon Age 4 is being developed and not a single word about TES7, but that's not a reason to sack leadership.
I'm pretty sure you meant TES6. We're not listening about TES6, let alone TES7.
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

March 5th, 2020, 17:15
Originally Posted by a pibbur View Post
PS. Just learened that "critisising" should be spelt "criticising" or "criticizing".
I believe it doesn't matter, in UK s, in USA z, same meaning.
Erm.. Yeah, critic, not critis in both cases.
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
I'm pretty sure you meant TES6. We're not listening about TES6, let alone TES7.
No as unless Beth officials say I'm wrong, I believe ESO is TES6. Just as FF14 is still 14 although is mmo. You might argue that why FO76 isn't in fact FO5 then, but the problem is FO76 is hardly a fallout game at all.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

March 5th, 2020, 17:26
As long as ESO keeps shipping new expansions, Bethesda won't release TESVI, that's clear. But 2025? And they teased it when? 2018? A seven year gap? Cyberpunk 2077 was teased in 2013? Getting released this year. Is this a new trend, because if it is, it needs to go away.

Tihskael

Watcher

+1:

March 5th, 2020, 18:03
Originally Posted by Tihskael View Post
Is this a new trend, because if it is, it needs to go away.
Well, M&B Bannerlord was announced in 2012, coming out 2020 so not such a new trend unfortunately.

fragonard

Sentinel

+1:

March 5th, 2020, 18:23
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
I believe it doesn't matter, in UK s, in USA z, same meaning.
Erm.. Yeah, critic, not critis in both cases.

No as unless Beth officials say I'm wrong, I believe ESO is TES6. Just as FF14 is still 14 although is mmo. You might argue that why FO76 isn't in fact FO5 then, but the problem is FO76 is hardly a fallout game at all.
The official announcement teaser from Bethesda says TES 6.

A pibbur who can wait, but doesn't want to.
--

a pibbur

Feeling … lonely?

March 5th, 2020, 18:31
Originally Posted by Tihskael View Post
As long as ESO keeps shipping new expansions, Bethesda won't release TESVI, that's clear.
Don't think so. If that's the case we won't see TES 6 before long after 2025. Unless Zenimax is very different from vendors like Blizzaed and SSG (lotro), they'll release expansions for years to come.

Pibbur who thinks this is sad but true.
--

a pibbur

Feeling … lonely?

March 5th, 2020, 19:39

a pibbur who when it comes to it, actually has problems critisising anything. Yet another character fault.
Aren't you criticizing yourself in that last statement? You did it just fine I think. :-)

As for TES6 I have no interest in Starfields myself. FO76 I have played here and there and I am waiting to see how the new big content update plays out.

ESO I like the idea of. Once or twice a year I login thinking I will get into it … but the micro-transactions and crates and other "pay" stuff is so in-your face (IMO) it keeps me from enjoying the game as I am always being reminded of the crass money aspect to it all. I keep trying to move past that as I think the game itself is pretty cool. But MT's annoy me so much that eventually I stop. Then go back after I forget how annoying it is.

I am looking forward to TES6 very much but also really worried what it might turn out to be. Maybe VR focused? Maybe even further removed from the open-world approach I enjoy so much? Or it could be much better - with companions and followers like those in FO4 only better.

Guess we will see if I am still around then.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
+1:

March 5th, 2020, 20:05
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
. I almost hope that Starfield tanks bad, so that they finally come to their senses, fire all of the leadership, and get back to their roots.
Who do you suppose would be doing the firing? A bunch of nameless (to us) bean counters who have nothing to do with the games we loved. The people who they would fire would be people like Todd Howard, who literally ARE those roots. If anything, we need new ownership, not new creative leadership. BGS has become a purely profit driven, market research driven, play it safe enterprise, and that wouldn't change as long as those bean counters are in charge.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

March 5th, 2020, 20:15
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
Aren't you criticizing yourself in that last statement? You did it just fine I think. :-)

As for TES6 I have no interest in Starfields myself. FO76 I have played here and there and I am waiting to see how the new big content update plays out.

ESO I like the idea of. Once or twice a year I login thinking I will get into it … but the micro-transactions and crates and other "pay" stuff is so in-your face (IMO) it keeps me from enjoying the game as I am always being reminded of the crass money aspect to it all. I keep trying to move past that as I think the game itself is pretty cool. But MT's annoy me so much that eventually I stop. Then go back after I forget how annoying it is.
I understand the sentiment. Fortunately for me I am somewhat good at not noticing things like that (Not necessarily a good thing in the long run).

I am looking forward to TES6 very much but also really worried what it might turn out to be. Maybe VR focused? Maybe even further removed from the open-world approach I enjoy so much? Or it could be much better - with companions and followers like those in FO4 only better.
Agreed
Guess we will see if I am still around then.
A the age of 65 I'm even more concerned with that aspect.

a pibbur who when it comes to it, actually has problems criticising anything other than himself. Yet another character fault.
--

a pibbur

Feeling … lonely?

March 6th, 2020, 00:08
The official announcement teaser from Bethesda says TES 6.
Yes, and ESO is published by Bethesda, but is not developed by BGS. BSG wouldn't include someone else's game, even one under the same publishing umbrella, in their numbering.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

March 6th, 2020, 06:26
I'm still waiting for Half Life 2 Episode 3. But all the developers retired already.
--
"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

March 6th, 2020, 07:37
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
I'm still waiting for Half Life 2 Episode 3. But all the developers retired already.
We got that Alyx thing. Maybe it's good. I don't have a VR headset and I don't particularly plan to get one, but still.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

March 13th, 2020, 18:28
We're all gonna be dead from COVID-19 by 2025. Damn, that's a shame.
--
If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » TES 6 rumors