Getting out of harbour town before choosing side ? - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Risen » Risen Spoilers » Getting out of harbour town before choosing side ?

Default Getting out of harbour town before choosing side ?

October 8th, 2009, 06:43
Hello…..

I went to harbour town pretty fast and never did visit the bandit camp, however I want to go there before choosing which side I wantt to join…..

So, my question is: Is there any way to leave harbour town and coming back befopre choosing the fractions and getting to the new chapter ????

And, if i choose the inquisition, can I stil do quests in the bandit camp ??

Thanks in advance,
L.

Lannister

Watchdog
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

October 8th, 2009, 08:39
Yes, it is possible to get out of the harbor town before choosing a side. I'm currently at 3/4 for the Don and 3/4 for the Order and have access to the secret passage out of town.

Some details:
Spoiler

Moriendor

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

October 8th, 2009, 08:53
Hmm, I've only been in the town for a short while - but I've solved a couple of "faction quests" there. Each time I've solved one that, for example, increased my score to 1/4 for the Don it has at the same time cancelled an opportunity to get 1/4 with the order.

So how did you get 3/4 with both? Are there in reality 8 faction quests in the town? Or did you somehow manage to solve some of the quests for both sides?

KasperFauerby

Sentinel

October 8th, 2009, 11:24
I don't know. I haven't kept score or track of how many quests there were exactly. What I did is that I first talked to all NPCs, did the quests but whenever the dialogue option "for x" (x = order or Don) popped up I didn't finish the quest but decided to return to that NPC later. Then when I ran out of quests to do I went back and talked to the various folks again until it was 3/4 on both sides.
The final quest for both sides for me is the one with the five armor plates. I could give them either to Lukor or Carasco (not sure if the names are the same in the English version) and thus join either side. Naturally, I'm going to keep that option until I have completely run out of things to do.

Moriendor

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

October 8th, 2009, 13:32
You can also
Spoiler
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

October 8th, 2009, 13:52
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
You can also
Spoiler
No need to

Spoiler – Other way down

Omega

Mentioned: Post(s)

Default Getting out of town

December 31st, 2009, 12:03
I'm currently 2/4 for Don and 1/4 for the Order. The getting out of town method previously mentioned in the spoiler worked for me with this slight variation:

Spoiler – Another way down

Violator

Traveler

December 31st, 2009, 12:55
Originally Posted by KasperFauerby View Post
So how did you get 3/4 with both? Are there in reality 8 faction quests in the town? Or did you somehow manage to solve some of the quests for both sides?
There are 7 quests. If there was an even number the game wouldn't be able to decide which faction you wanted to join if you did 4 quests for Mendoza and 4 for the Don.

If you're curious, the quests are:
Spoiler

KalosKagathos

Watcher

December 31st, 2009, 15:35
Spoiler

I do think it's better to hang around at the swamp before you commit yourself too much in town - you don't have to commit yourself at an early stage in the swamp, but the town is riskier where committment to either side is concerned.

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Risen » Risen Spoilers » Getting out of harbour town before choosing side ?