Witcher 2 Chapter II: Nilfgaardians presence

The Witcher 2

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
So I currently finished chapter II going Iorveth's path and somehow I must have missed something in the plot. The main conflict in this chapter is the battle between king Henselt of Kaedwen against Saskia's troops in Vergen. But, and that's the thing I found no explanation for, there's also a Nilfgaaridan camp around. Why that? I mean I know that the Emperor of the Nilfgaardian Empire is plotting in the background, but ingame I haven't noticed any explanation (or missed it). The camp seems to be there, nobody is questioning their presence.

What did I miss?

You missed nothing as the game is designed that way. If you choose Iorveth's path the Kaedwen camp has less significance than in the Roche's path.

As they say choice and consequence.:)

The camp is just an area you will look for Triss, or something else at the end of both chapters. It's basically a plot device to start Chapter III.

Link- http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Nilfgaardian_camp

You missed nothing
Thanks!

I just wonder why none of the NPCs in Vergen mentions it or why Geralt can't ask about it in dialogs with Philipa, Dandelion, Zoran, Saskia, Cecil Burdon or Roche. It just seems that they don't know of its existence.

Is it mentioned in Roche's path?

If there's one thing I don't like about TW2 it's that some things are needlessly vague. I wish the journal better explained some of the places and people in the game. It's as if they assumed everyone was already familiar with the background lore.

It's how I imagine someone who had never watched Game of Thrones would feel if they were suddenly forced to start watching it in the middle of a season. :)

I'm not sure if it was in the intro or another cut scene but from what I can remember Nilfgaard had begun invading the other kingdoms from the south at some point. So their camp must be in occupied territory or a forward scouting outpost.

I think if the Nilfgaardians really invaded the Northern Kingdoms they would reunite (again) to repell them instead of quarreling.

There's a Nilfgaardian ambassador in the game named Shilard Fitz-Oesterlen. He's speaking with the various kings under the pretense of diplomacy. After completing the game with both paths, I think one can safely assume he's really there for more nefarious purposes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom