RPGWatch - Official Game of the Decade Voting

Well, it's been a whole week since the poll was opened and a healthy 60 people have currently submitted their vote.

There's still plenty of time to chime in, no worries on this aspect and still plenty of time to change any votes.

However, I will be using this post to remind rather a lot of people that they haven't voted yet.
@Myrthos;
@Silver;
@joxer;
@They Live;
@Mosaic;
@rjshae;
@mercy;
@KaosWarMonk;
@porcozaur;
@JFarrell71;
@ikbenrichard;
@sakichop;
@Andrew23;
@fadedc;
@you;
@Arkadia7;
@Alrik Fassbauer;
@JDR13;
@SirJames;
@TheRealFluent;
@mat9813004;
@GothicGothicness;
@a pibbur;
@Kasga
@Arhu;
@Philistine;
@FizzyShellfish;
@Falksi;
@Wastelanderr;
@Mercedes;
@Pongo;
@Corwin;
@zahratustra;
@azraelck;
@dteowner;
@Peter Stauffenberg;
@Cm;
@Wisdom;
@fragonard;
@vurt;
@Kylex;
@axellslade;
@rune_74;
@SpoonFULL;
@Winterfart;

To name but a few for whom I will look forward to receiving a vote from over the next couple of weeks.

It's a Top 5 for me.

1. Kenshi
2. Battle Brothers
3. XCOM 2: War of The Chosen
4. Red Dead: Redemption
5. Fallout: New Vegas

(If remasters count, I'd like to add Grim Fandango remastered).

May the best game win.

It's a Top 5 for me.

1. Kenshi
2. Battle Brothers
3. XCOM 2: War of The Chosen
4. Red Dead: Redemption
5. Fallout: New Vegas

(If remasters count, I'd like to add Grim Fandango remastered).

May the best game win.

Once again, only PM'ed votes count.

Well, it's been a whole week since the poll was opened and a healthy 60 people have currently submitted their vote.

There's still plenty of time to chime in, no worries on this aspect and still plenty of time to change any votes.

However, I will be using this post to remind rather a lot of people that they haven't voted yet.
[snip]
To name but a few for whom I will look forward to receiving a vote from over the next couple of weeks.

Yeah, name and shame them, tar and feather them, and whip them out of town. ;)

I wonder though… is it a good or bad thing if you are not mentioned, not reminded to vote? I’m puzzled: if I hadn’t voted would I have been mentioned? :)

Oh indeed, the horrors of being left out! :D

Nah, it was a very unscientific quick trawl through recently made posts and when I'd got to around 40 I thought well that'll do for now... I'LL GET THE REST LATER MWHAHAHAHAHA.

Er.. um-huh...heh.

How many have voted thus far? Is it already a substantial number to ensure a good/interesting outcome?

How many have voted thus far? Is it already a substantial number to ensure a good/interesting outcome?
After reading lackblogger's posting my guess would be that a healthy 60 people have submitted their vote.

Yeah, 60 is not nearly enough - or even 100 unfortunately. We'll get an echo chamber result if that is the case.

Perhaps to both simplify the tabulation and encourage more voting, it could be turned into a front page poll, with the choices being all games submitted thus far by PM. Additionally, I still think a single "best game" is much too generalistic… and, accordingly, too subjective. But this is not my undertaking, so :shrug:

I didn't submit anything as currently I don't have enough of willpower to browse through almost a thousand of titles then make some picks.

60 is not enough for a perfect list. A perfect list would be the one if all people on this planet voted so we're absolutely sure there is no statistical error.

Dunno if I said it before, I need an answer to a question acquaintances sometimes ask me "Just finished this and that RPG, what's also great to play next, any suggestion?".
We'll, hopefully, receive exactly the answer on that one as a list here, thus I can always pass it around.
Will a game that some would subjectivelly place at #1 be at #10 or some other spot on the list, doesn't matter as long as it's in there.

@Myrthos;, how many watchers usually participate in the GOTY votes?

@joxer; meant to say Skyrim :)

No. I ment to say no Dragon Dogma and I already IIRC did in another post.

60 is not enough for a perfect list. A perfect list would be the one if all people on this planet voted so we're absolutely sure there is no statistical error.

To be more rational, the general point of the exercise is to get a result which, as accurately as possible, suggests what games RPGWatch as a site as a whole has been most enthusiastic about over the last decade.

There's still plenty of time to get the votes in so there's no panic yet, but it will be detrimental to the result if even very active and prominent members don't vote for anything at all and, following on from that, let's try to pre-empt the predictable excuses and conversation points come closing time:

"I wasn't aware"
"I somehow missed all this"
"I had no idea we had such bad taste, I'm glad I didn't vote"
"This poll only had 60 votes? Lol, that explains everything"

etc etc etc.

@Myrthos;, how many watchers usually participate in the GOTY votes?

Approximately 125 give or take 10 more one year, 10 less another & various etc.

So we're about half-way to the numbers of a regular annual vote.

No balance? What people are usually talking about when they talk about balance doesn't apply to Skyrim (given that there are no classes to balance against each other and enemies are leveled up along with the player), so I'm curious what you mean by that.

Perhaps 'balance' was not the word I should have used. I don't mean to hijack the thread, and it's been years since I've played it, but... I took to making my own gear fairly early, maxing the skill, and was able to easily kill dragons barely halfway through the game. At the time I felt the challenge had disappeared and it became solely a story-driven game for me-- which is fine, but unfortunately the story didn't engage me enough to keep plodding along in depressing winterscape.

Back
Top Bottom