ELEX 2 - Announcement delayed to 2021

Now even the Announcements are delayed! Oh c'mon, please!!!

A few weeks old at this point, and they don't actually mention ELEX 2. (We assume it's the project they refer to)

It's even worse. The posting of this announcement had been delayed too. The video is from October 12th. @HiddenX; obviously is one of the conspirators.

I love that Piranha Bytes is still active at building rpgs. In a crueler world they would go bankrupt, but I love that they managed to carve out a niche audience and are able to stay in business. I hope they will keep it up for a long time.

I've never finished any of their games aside from Gothic 1 and 2, which were for a long time my all time rpg games. Not sure which rpg is now my favorite. I think Witcher 3 is up there. And I think I'm done going offtopic. :D

Are they planning on Elex to also be a trilogy, like both of their previous series? Or have they not thought this far ahead?

ELEX had incredible exploration, but the techno vikings killed it for me. If the second game is similar I dunno. Maybe wait for the sales bin?

ELEX had incredible exploration, but the techno vikings killed it for me. If the second game is similar I dunno. Maybe wait for the sales bin?

This is the thing. I really liked the exploration but I just didn't like the setting so wasn't wall that interested in the factions and quest after a while.

Elex was very much a disappointment for me. I enjoyed the Risen series, especially 2 and 3 (though by now it might be too dated for me to ever want to go back and play either again), but I could barely take more than a few hours of Elex and I forced myself to play a few more hours until I gave up. I can't really imagine buying another game by this developer.

I loved ELEX. I even liked it more than Risen.
(Haven't played Risen 2 and 3 to compare, but they're in my priority queue).

This will be a must-buy for me, and with the huge game queue I have, I can wait.

I agree, the setting was a huge turn off for me. I didn't buy the game but played a demo.That said, it wasn't all bad - I saw enough oldschool rpg type elements there to think they might have a game in the future that I will have to check out, and I'm not writing off the developer or Elex 2.

590829469-tumblr_lok6qzByY41qjdpg8o1_400.jpg

my man bjorn, hopefully you will do one in a scifi/wasteland setting in the future

I'm going to call 2020 the year of delays and announcements.:biggrin:

my man bjorn, hopefully you will do one in a scifi/wasteland setting in the future
There was plans for something like Mass Effect but guess it never went past the planning stage. I remember it was posted on one of these PB threads years back.

Last edited:
Isn't announcing an announcement the same as an announcement. I mean we now know that Elex 2 is coming. Why announce that an announcement is delayed if we didn't know the game was coming in the first place?

Isn't announcing an announcement the same as an announcement. I mean we now know that Elex 2 is coming. Why announce that an announcement is delayed if we didn't know the game was coming in the first place?

We already knew Elex 2 was in development even though it was never officially announced. It had been approved for funding shortly after the release of the first game.

They still haven't actually said "Elex 2", but there's little doubt that's what the project is.

Back
Top Bottom