Gothic 2: NotR - Legend of Ahssun

Never heard of it until now, but it looks good. I wish the video had English captioning so I could understand what they're saying about it. The mod was apparently released in 2018.

Ok, who slept on their watch?

Only finished my regular replay of G2-NotR a short while ago, but I've never heard of this either. I'm intrigued and await further information. :)

The English translation is a Google translation, btw.
German -> English is usually alright with Google's translator, but certainly not native level.

Just something to be aware of - they are looking for actual translators for the project.

Only finished my regular replay of G2-NotR a short while ago, but I've never heard of this either. I'm intrigued and await further information. :)

What is Legend of Ahssun?

Legend of Ahssun (short: LoA) is a total conversion mod from Gothic 2. In addition to the Gothic 2-like game system, the total conversion mod offers a completely new world that is independent of the original.

LoA offers a new, winding story that extends over six chapters and takes the player into a mysterious and equally dangerous medieval fantasy world. The protagonist is an ambassador of the Lalvanian king and is supposed to restore order on the island of Ahssun and to assist Prince Albrecht as an advisor.
But not everything goes according to plan ..

Discover Ahssun
A huge and breathtakingly beautiful world with different climate zones.
New monsters, animals, animations, interactable objects, professional pieces of music and tons of new 3D models.

Character development
The learning-by-doing system for gun talents expands the teachers' learning system known from G2.
2 new professions. Professions have more influence on the style of play and bring unique benefits.
New wearable items like bracelets and helmets.
Conversations with more than two persons.
Three guilds to choose from.

New skills
Sharpening of bladed weapons.
Multi-arrow system with 5 different arrow types.
New spells.
New way of teleportation.
Scroll writing.
Dissolve runes.
Sneak attack.
Poisons.
Climatic influences.

Scope
259 new quests - some guild dependent.
50-200 hours of playtime.
45,000 professionally spoken dialogues.
Lots of Easter eggs.

Well, I grabbed all the nec files, but the main mod file won't install anywhere in my Gothic 2 directory?? It's greyed out on the install button. Anyone had success here who can offer me some help? :)

I have the Steam version all patched up.

Someone will have to put a step-by-step explanation up for me to even have a chance, if others are having issues at getting this to work. I'll need a Gothics for Dummies version, muhahaha!

Yeah good luck as those instructions and all the necessary files to play turned me off quickly. We need a hero to make an all-in-one installer for gamer illiterate users.

Almost as bad as Bethesda mods that need third party programs just to run.

As interesting as it looks, I think I'd rather wait for a proper translation anyways. Not sure I trust Google that much. :)

Back
Top Bottom