Solasta - Release Date: May 27

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Solasta: Crown of the Magister will be released on May 27:

Solasta is graduating from Early Access!

On May 27th 2021 after a little more than 7 months in Early Access, Solasta will finally launch its 1.0 version with all the promises made during our Kickstarter Campaign!

What a ride it has been, from the small prototype made by the hands of Mathieu Girard (our CEO and Creative Director) in Summer 2018, to the core team of Tactical Adventures shaping up end of 2018, to our Kickstarter Campaign and Ruins of Telema Demo in Summer 2019, to our Early Access launch in Autumn 2020... all of this leading to full release in Spring 2021!
More information.

This one was not on my radar and I have not followed its development at all. But the early access review article Redglyph wrote a few months back really has me looking forward to this title.

This one was not on my radar and I have not followed its development at all. But the early access review article Redglyph wrote a few months back really has me looking forward to this title.

If you're a D&D fan, I'd say it's a must-buy. There's not a lot of competition in that category lately.

I didn't think it was going to be released that soon. It puts me in a crunch because I already have games lined up well past May.

For someone who followed the game up close until release, does it seem like they scaled back on the scope of the project? Why am getting this feeling? I also keep hearing a lot of uproar about the level 10 limitation, but they're saying it was always meant to cap off at that level.

No, at least not to me. I've always had the impression that it was going to be a lower-level adventure.

For someone who followed the game up close until release, does it seem like they scaled back on the scope of the project? Why am getting this feeling? I also keep hearing a lot of uproar about the level 10 limitation, but they're saying it was always meant to cap off at that level.
No, everything that was promised will be in there as they say at the beginning of their post :) They've also added the editor (in beta), which wasn't planned, and they'll provide the sorcerer class later; this one wasn't founded by the KS but they'd promised it as free DLC anyway.

No, at least not to me. I've always had the impression that it was going to be a lower-level adventure.

No, everything that was promised will be in there as they say at the beginning of their post :) They've also added the editor (in beta), which wasn't planned, and they'll provide the sorcerer class later; this one wasn't founded by the KS but they'd promised it as free DLC anyway.

Great, good to hear since I also got in on the entry level.

I'm not big on party-based games typically, but I had a lot of fun with Solasta. It's like a prettier Knights of the Chalice game. I may wait for the sorcerer to play it again, but it's worthy of a second go.

A bit of a shame with the release so close to summer.

June, July & August tends to be the three months when I spend the least amount of time in front of my PC, so very little gaming going on. Guess I'll have to hope for a cool, cloudy and rainy summer this year. (my favorite kind anyways) ;)

A bit of a shame with the release so close to summer.

June, July & August tends to be the three months when I spend the least amount of time in front of my PC, so very little gaming going on. Guess I'll have to hope for a cool, cloudy and rainy summer this year. (my favorite kind anyways) ;)

Look on the bright side - you'll benefit from post release patching.

Damn that's fast. Thought it would releases later this year.:w00t:

A May release is perfect in case Pathfinder is released in the Fall. 10 levels are fine for me. In 5e there is a big power increase at LVL 5 and 9.

One-day-purchase!

Aye going to pick this one up to play over the summer.

If you're a D&D fan, I'd say it's a must-buy. There's not a lot of competition in that category lately.

I didn't think it was going to be released that soon. It puts me in a crunch because I already have games lined up well past May.

heh you line up games to play? I kind of have an idea what I will but sometimes I play whatever gets my interest....like adhd of gaming.

heh you line up games to play? I kind of have an idea what I will but sometimes I play whatever gets my interest….like adhd of gaming.

I try to plan what my next few games are going to be, but it doesn't always end up working out. :)

Next month is crazy though. There are too many games that I have some level of interest in…

Solasta
Resident Evil 8
Biomutant
Deathloop
Days Gone
ME: Legendary Edition

That's just off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom