Witcher What's with Odo's Dog? *Light spoilers*

The Witcher

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete
Okay, I'm about to leave Chapt. 1 as soon as I defeat the Beast, but there were a few things I didn't get to finish delving into before I got locked on course.

After defeating the Echinops plants in Odo's garden, his dog started barking like crazy. Geralt commented that the dog seemed like he was guarding something. I could never figure out what that was about. Does anyone know?

I didn't see the dog after killing the plants; wonder if they ate it!!!! :)

No one has found the answer yet.

When you enter the yard the dog runs to the doghouse, then once you leave Odo's house, after you have killed the weeds, there is a cutscene showing the dog barking, iirc.
I wondered about this too, and was told he was barking at the location of the weed, but I believe it's maybe where he hide the dagger he killed his brother with and they didn't have time to finish the quest.

It's defiantly something, why else would they make a cutscene.

Ha, Corwin was just getting some Dog Tallow! :)

I was intrigued by that too; figured reading the book about dogs would help me... unfortunately, it didn't.

So yeah, probably part of something that got cut.

I didn't get that cut scene!!!!

I thought it was pretty obvious. We know from the bestiary that echinops grows on the graves of murder victims; we know from the ending of Ch1 that Odo murdered his brother in his sleep -- the warrior with the well-used armor. Ergo, the dog was guarding Odo's brother's grave.

And maybe it's nothing more than what PJ said. I haven't got an entry in the bestiary for Echinops yet (that I've noticed) so I wasn't privy to that detail..
Still, I can't help but think there was meant to be something more, since the 'interact' icon appears over the doghouse itself. You just can't do anything.

@ Corwin: The dog did this for me AFTER I killed the weeds, so I don't think they ate him ;)

And so if these things grow over murder victims, who was the other victim? There were two weeds in Odo's garden!

Ekkk, I completely forgot to check after Prime Junta, mentioned the first time and I see it now, about growing where people were murdered unjustly, thanks for reminding me Prime Junta. :)

I have been so busy having to constantly replay the damn game due to broken or bogus quest's.
Most recent example is in chapter 2, I arrived at the Swamp about 8am, did all the quests, got to the lumberjack quest about
I had killed all the monsters and waiting to sacrificing the axe
so I had to wait till midnight.
Since it was about 4pm I decided to go sell and store all my junk before the end of the chapter, got back about 7pm so just ran around killing all the spawns and past the lumberjack said hi, he said
everyones dead, thanks for running off site seeing instead of protecting us.
WTH!

They even give you a quest you have to leave the swamp
letter to Vavaldi
yet here they are punishing you with a failure because of there bad design of course it could be a bug but I fail to see how.
There was no warning not to leave the level and I had killed everything, even when I replayed it and was forced to stay there running in circles killing stuff to keep from getting bored, which I was :p , there were no more monsters than before or additions to the quest, bah, bah, Bad bua. bah, bah. Quest bua, bah, bah! :)

Hehe, since there were 2 plants, he either cut up his brother in to bit size pieces or he murdered a second person putting them in the back bed. :p

Hehe, since there were 2 plants, he either cut up his brother in to bit size pieces or he murdered a second person putting them in the back bed. :p

I'm new here but I caught this on google, it seems pretty obvious to me who the second grave could be, think back to the character bio, who did he inherit his money from? :) so far as I can recall they never say how his old man died do they?

Oh, if I understand you, I don't recall hearing about Odo's father, but think we all agree one is the
brother
if indeed there are two. Hehe I have no idea who else he killed.

I am just starting this game and have not gotten far into it. However, after you kill the noxious weeds, the cutscene starts when you leave the front yard. If you run back into the front yard, Odo's dog will distract a couple of the devil dogs (and always get killed, it seems).

To me, it seems like the dog's barking is a warning to you that the Beast is near.

Just kill. The dog.
The only good dog is Fallout dog, the rest good dogs are dead dogs. :evilgrin:
Yes I know you can't kill Fable 3 dog, no wonder that game sucks.

Back
Top Bottom