Mass Effect save game

pox67

Watchdog
I played ME when it first came out but there have been numerous computer wipes/rebuilds since then.

I am building up to going through it again to have a save for ME2 but I would like to get to level 60.

Does anyone have have a save game with an end level character they can send to me? Shoot me a PM and I'll let you know my email address.

Cheers.

Did you get one already?

What do you want? I have the following saves:

Soldier - Level 40, Earthborn/Survivor
Sentinel - Level 48, Spacer/War Hero
Soldier - Level 47, Colonist/Ruthless
Vanguard - Level 50, Colonist/Survivor
Sentinel - Level 52, Earthborn/War Hero
Soldier - Level 51, Spacer/Ruthless
Adept - Level 60, Earthborn/War Hero (2x playthroughs)
Vanguard - Level 56, Earthborn/War Hero
Engineer - Level 55, Earthborn/Survivor
Vanguard - Level 55, Spacer/War Hero
Sentinel - Level 60, Earthborn/War Hero (2x playthroughs)

I don't remember the special talent of them, but it's usually something to complement their class (i.e Soldiers get Lift, Singularity or Throw). Most of them are equipped with top notch gear (Colossus armor/Spectre weapons).

If you want specific info on some of the saves, just point out which one and I'll load the save and check it out.

PS. In my save foldier I also have my achievement list, which is only lacking a single achievement (the one where you have to tag all the journal items; I just can't be bothered doing that one). This, of course, leads to the gaming experience being significantly easier (you get quite a few experience boosts, weapon boosts, skill boosts and so on from the achievements), so I'll leave that file out if you want to do all that yourself. Took me half a dozen runs through ME to get all of it done, so it ain't too bad.

Oh, and most save games have about 18-20 hours played. 33 and 38 on the ones with 2x playthroughs (the level 60 characters).

Edit: Keep in mind that to reach level 60 in the 2nd playthrough, you should be above 50 after the first. The reason is the last level (59 to 60) which is a whooping 200.000 experience points (about as much as 40 -> 50 combined).

Wow, that really is a LOT of play throughs!

To be honest I hadn't really thought about what I would want. I was just hoping for any save game where it had been completed.

I thought that you could reach level 60 on your first play through after it had been unlocked but now I realise you need to play through with the same character twice?

Last time I played was with a Vanguard. This time probably will as well as the class seems to suit me.

I'll PM you my email address and I think the level 50 Vanguard is probably best.

Thanks Maylander :)

You really played a lot, didn't you, Maylander? O_O

Well, it's only a 20 hour game, so 13 runs through it takes about 260 hours. That may sound like a lot, but it's only twice through BG1 + BG2 (including add-ons). Still, I have probably invested more hours into ME than most.

I have sent you an e-mail pox67. Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Twice through Baulder's Gate 1 & 2 is a lot, too. ;)

Honestly, I really wouldn't worry about level at all. PC Gamer talked about this feature and, from the sound of it, ME2 will be checking the choices you made, not your level. Other games that have played off old save games have done similar. My bet is that it will check your save game for some of your key choices (like who lived and who died) then pull your character's looks and class, and that will be it. Your skills will have atrophied and your loot will be donated to the Save the Keepers foundation.

Received the save game, thank you very much Maylander.

Really looking forward to starting this up again. I also have the second book to read at the same time. I know it will be cheesy but it does ad to the atmosphere.

I think it took me 55+ hours the first time I went through. I turned over every rock though. Also I often reload if a fight didn't go artistically enough.

Well the save game kind of worked.
I can load the save game but none of the achievements come through.
Ah well, it was worth a shot.

Thanks again Maylander.

The achievements are stored in a profile file. Mine has every achievement except the lore thing (tag all journal entries). I can send that too if you want, but then you'll be using my profile to play the game.

I never actually did finish Mass Effect, despite doing partial playthroughs with 4 different characters. All the recent talk about ME2 has got me thinking about the series again.

Now I'm kind of glad that I never finished it, because I know I would probably have deleted my saved games anyways. I plan on starting another game of ME right before the release of ME2, so I can play through them as if they were one game.

A little help...

I have played ME almost to the end, but stopped. With the talk of ME2, I want to finish the first one before the new one comes out. However, my computer is starting to have problems, where is just freezes and I have to reboot it. I am going to reload the machine, but I want to know if there is some way I can move my saved games to my other computer, reload the OS, reinstall ME, and then put the save games back on the computer so I can continue playing where I left off. Is that possible and if so where are the saved games kept? Any other sugguestions on how to do that successful would also help. The OS is Vista 32-bit.
Thanks.

I want to know if there is some way I can move my saved games to my other computer, reload the OS, reinstall ME, and then put the save games back on the computer so I can continue playing where I left off. Is that possible and if so where are the saved games kept? Any other sugguestions on how to do that successful would also help. The OS is Vista 32-bit.
Thanks.

I'm not very familiar with Windows Vista, but if the directory/folders setup is the same as WinXP then it will be in one of 2 places.

It will either be in "C:/windows/program files/Bioware/Mass Effect/saved games" (assuming C: as your hard drive), or it will be your "my documents" folder, as some games will also create a folder there in addition to their installed location.

It's actually just "Documents" in Vista. It's in C:\Users\Zloth\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Save for me. You'll want to change "Zloth" to your own user name, of course.

It's pretty small - the entire folder is only 4 meg for me and I played through twice. A single save game for The Witcher can be over 20 meg!

It's pretty small - the entire folder is only 4 meg for me and I played through twice. A single save game for The Witcher can be over 20 meg!

Tip: Use the OS' ability to compress the files or even better: the folders where they're in themselves (built-in since xp, I think, SP 1 ?) !

Just do a right-click on the folder / file, and then to the "properties". There shoulkd be something like "advanced" or so, it is called "erweitert" in my language version of it. Then there should be a possibility to compress the foldr or file.

I did it and saved a *lot* of space ! :)

Hehe, I fear that option Alrik. Somewhere, someplace, something is going to have to compress and decompress all that stuff. If it has a problem, my game may crash (perish the thought)! Given how cheap hard drive space is, I've never thought it was worth it.

Anyway....

A new article on GameSpot citing PC World mentions that the save game files will be mined by Mass Effect 2 to discover your decisions on literally hundreds of choices made in the game! I think my hype level is maxxing out....

It is said to be built in into the file system, but yes, I must admit that this is more calculating and computing overload.

Seeing this thread reminds me of the fact that my drive which contained my ME savegames died and I only noticed it because I actually wanted to copy those savegames. :( Guess I'll just have to start ME2 from Bioware's "point of view".

Sorry i created another thread for the exact same thing ^^
anyone could send his save game to me please? :) and the profile file too ^^
I'd like an adept or an infiltrator lv 60 ^^ please :)
my adress is : sayann26@yahoo.fr

Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom