The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Love that movie! But no love for Comsat Angels?

I'm Falling

Oh, I like loads from the movie - someone had an 'unofficial soundtrack list' and I'd bought the songs on iTunes to fill the gaps ages ago ... those are just my two personal faves.

Saw this on the toneVendor "recommended" list and thought I'd give it a listen just for kicks. This stuff is really hard to pigeonhole. I think these are just partial clips, unfortunately. I recommend listening twice—once to get your bearings and the second time to really enjoy it.

"Still Life" by Bell Horses

(DeepO and possibly Arhu should give "billowing" a listen as well)

dte, nice songs. But let me ask you, do you never listen to something with a little more oomph? Dreampop and Shoegazing is nice every once in a while, I guess, but I fear that too much of it melts my brain … like Dali's clocks and watches.

They remind me of Belgian group Laïs. Cool. Must be the languages. With both trios I don't understand a word they are singing, unfortunately, but I like how they sound.

Laïs - Dorothea

dte, nice songs. But let me ask you, do you never listen to something with a little more oomph? Dreampop and Shoegazing is nice every once in a while, I guess, but I fear that too much of it melts my brain … like Dali's clocks and watches.
Well, I have put up Primus before, but I tend to fire up 80's new wave stuff (or even some of Mrs dte's hair metal) when I need a break from the more relaxing stuff.

How about these lesser known tracks from relatively well-known artists?
"Judy Do" by The Thompson Twins (pardon the homebrew video, iz all I could find)
"Can't Stop Me Lovin' You" by Steelheart

Last edited:
Damn, Arhu, you've got me feeling self-conscious. I've dug into the vaults at Che dte and come up with some tunes that I genuinely like that might show some, ummm, cajones. I think the common thread might be a strong and interesting bass line.

"Bad Habit" by The Offspring (road rage gone extreme)
"Sober" by Tool
"So Cold" by Breaking Benjamin
"Save Yourself" by Stabbing Westward
"Ruby Soho" by Rancid

Last edited:
Dog Faced Hermans - Hum of Life (1993), Those Deep Buds (1994)
Excellent "art punk". Groovy and often unusual rhythms and riffs, trumpet, declamative spaced out female vox.
Those Deep Buds is a bit better of the two albums, but since I haven´t found anything from it on tube, here are three picks from Hum which are great too:
Jan 9
Love Is the Heart of Everything
How We Connect

Erkin Koray - Elektronik Türküler (1974)
Fusion of psychedelic rock and turkish folk :).
Karlı Dağlar
Hele yar
Türkü

Fields of the Nephilim - Elizium

Now my favorite cd, must have listened to it like 6 times today. Unfortunately it's very short. I particularly like "At the Gates of Silent Memory", bookended on either side by actual recordings of Aliester Crowley in like the 1920's rambling on in his demented prose.

Utterly bizarre cd, one of those that I didnt really like it that much at first - now I love it

Fields of the Nephilim - Elizium

Now my favorite cd, must have listened to it like 6 times today. Unfortunately it's very short. I particularly like "At the Gates of Silent Memory", bookended on either side by actual recordings of Aliester Crowley in like the 1920's rambling on in his demented prose.

Utterly bizarre cd, one of those that I didnt really like it that much at first - now I love it

I want to buy that album but I can't really find it anywere! :(

Übereil

I know it does, but it doesn't work like it's supposed to on Spotify (the only place I've heard it). It sucks to have songs that are supposed to just flow into eachother have an instant's pause between them. :-/

Übereil

A little more psychedelic take on the gaze thing. Enjoy.

"New York" by A Shoreline Dream

Back
Top Bottom